Livery yard South Wales

InTheClouds

New User
Visit site
Hi!👋 I’m looking for an assisted DIY / part livery yard in south wales for my 17hh gelding - Llantrisant area but happy to travel up to 30 minutes for the right yard. Needs to have 24/7 turnout as he does not like to be stabled for long hours, any recommendations?

HelenBack

Visit site
Run by a friend and has an excellent reputation.

View attachment 130403

This is a good yard but they don't offer 24/7 turnout (although the horses do go out every day all year round.

To be honest OP I can't think of anywhere that offers both assisted/part and 24/7 turnout. Most places require you to stable at least overnight in the winter because the ground is just so wet. The places that do offer 24/7 turnout tend to be much smaller DIY yards and I can still only think of a handful of those.

Have you tried asking in any of the Facebook groups?

ChipperKipper

Visit site
Handfords is a lovely yard with great facilities around 10 minutes drive from Llantrisant, but there isn't turnout 24/7. Like Helen said, the ground gets very wet and the horses are in overnight. There is a livery service where you can select what cover you need on a weekly basis.

HorsesRule2009

Visit site
Try Handfords or Bob Porters. 24/7 in summer and daily turnout in winter at bobs definitely, and both offer livery services to suit you

Last edited: