£3000?

Tia

Visit site
I agree with JM. What about looking for something a bit bigger ie. 15hh they are always much cheaper than any decent 14 - 14.2hh ponies.

X

xspiralx

schoolmaster what? I should think you'd find plenty - I sold Paris [16hh schoolmistress showjumper] for only £3800.

parsley

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
not a lot...

[/ QUOTE ]

smile.gif
Strangley enough thats what I wanted to hear! I am looking at a rather unpretty 13.3 coloured cob on my yard that seems to be like another Bomber (in small) and wanted to check that the price was OK.

X

xspiralx

Yeah but still - the market is low at the moment! unless you're looking for a real superstar then 3k should be fine!

When I sold Twigs he went for £2500 inc tack. Thats a reg nf pony, 14hh. Bit cheeky but lovely natured, novice ride, schooled in an outline, good conformation and breed type, and happily jumping 2ft6/2ft9 courses, jumped up to 3ft3 at home! and he was 9yrs old at the time!

Tia

Visit site
Is £3000 the figure they are looking for? You would of course be offering much lower than this since he is really only 13.3hh wouldn't you!
wink.gif

Tia

Visit site
It's certainly the experience I have had - very good 14.2hh's are pretty sought after and go for lots of money!

Parkranger

Visit site
I heard there was a shortage of good 14.2 ponies and that 13.2 went for alot less (I know they would anyway, but relatively speaking).....

I knew a 14.2 connemara x mare who was jumping 3'6" unaffiliated and creaming everyone - local racing owner offered 10,000 for the pony for his son.....seriously!

filly190

Visit site
I think you could possibly do it. What about going on to the ponyclub uk site, they have ponies for sale there and an older school master thats done it and won it might not fetch as much as think and would still have some good years in it.

The other good thing about that site, is that you can ring the local D.C's and ask them (word of mouth) about the people selling and horses, also they may know of a pony coming up for sale, that wont be advertised.

Good luck, I feel sure you are do this, a bit of hard work and loads of phone calls and net working. Also some of these good pony club types are put on lease or loan because the familes dont want to part with them forever.

siennamum

Visit site
You're absolutely right, the market has really moved on just in the last year or two T. Just found a pony for Will which isn't ideal, but we have reduced funds.
Currently a good PC pony that will jump a metre, is sane, schooled, not hideously ugly, sound & under the age of 10 (age seems to get more and more critical - everyone thinks about resale value), will be minimum of £5k. I've see plenty which are just a bit better who are up for £7.5 - £8.5.
Oh to have a brave child - could potentially make some money schooling on and selling them.

X

xspiralx

sure everyone SEEMS to say this, but just because they are asking the prices, doesn't mean they are getting them! If you look there are plenty of nice ponies under 3.5k!

parsley

Visit site
OK - thanks everyone. The pony in question is 8 years old, has competed regularly at pony club and riding club, jumps about 2ft 6 to 2 ft9, is very quiet to handle and ride and comes with tack. I won't say more as I am trying not to be too excited as I hate it when things go wrong! (and they do seem to with me). I just wanted to get a few opinions on price.

EllieBeast

Visit site
Parsley, i adore this pony. (not trying to sway, as i have known him for years) but he has talent and is a complete softy - the type of pony that Joe could drag about on the end of a rope all day if he so wished. i will keep my fingers crossed for you.
Sarah

siennamum

Visit site
Sorry Spiral - how long have you actually been trying to buy a decent 14.2????
I've been looking for the last 2 months (have found one now) so have some clue what I'm talking about.

Visit site
I bought my 14.2 youngster for £3500 and he has taken a lot of work. I think you would be looking at anything around £5000 and above for a schoolmaster. x

Tia

Visit site
Yes there are plenty of "nice" ponies for this figure but "exceptional" 14.2hh's are NEVER for sale at this price! Haven't been for many many years......I know, I've sold a few in my time.
wink.gif

alcapone1

New User
Visit site
3 points for you people

1 Iam not ugly just well built and very handsome, Possibly greedy callenged but not ugly

2 after reading the above i have come to the conclusion my owner left a 0 off the end

3 finally as i am literate i am worth more than the average daft animal