£10 dog clippers

tankgirl1

Visit site
Has anyone else used the £10 dog clippers from ebay that everyone on FB was raving about last winter? I bought a set thinking for the sake of a tenner it was worth a go, as I hate faffing about with my proper big corded set.

I was pleasantly surprised! Took my mares neck and chest off, and even managed to get most of the shetties neck off too. They are extremely quiet so although he has never seen clippers before he tolerated it pretty well loose in the stable 😊

Can't upload a pic annoyingly 🙄

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Useful for chins and small tidy up jobs like fetlocks (not carthorse fetlocks). You would need the patience of a saint to try and clip large areas.

spugs

Visit site
I did a bib clip on one and an Irish clip on another plus feathers and hog no bother. Not sure how sharp the blades are now though! I don’t think you can sharpen them with can you?

tankgirl1

Visit site
I did a bib clip on one and an Irish clip on another plus feathers and hog no bother. Not sure how sharp the blades are now though! I don’t think you can sharpen them with can you?

No I don't think you can, I couldn't even figure out how to 'clip the blades back' if that makes sense so I could brush them properly

Surbie

Visit site
One of the liveries on my yard swears by them. She did a hunter clip on her fidgety 16.2hh mare today. They are unbelievably quiet.

ihatework

Visit site
One of the liveries on my yard swears by them. She did a hunter clip on her fidgety 16.2hh mare today. They are unbelievably quiet.

A hunter clip 😱 wow

I’ve got them and they do a grand job on trimming up chins/ears/fetlocks.
I used them to take a small chest patch off my 3yo as a practice.

I also use them on the dog!

Melody Grey

Visit site
I have the ‘posh’ (red but probably no different) Wahl version at £60 from Argos 🤩
They did a lovely Irish clip on my welshie, really quiet and didn’t take too long so I’m a convert!

BOWS28

Visit site
Mine has always been awful to clip. I only want to take a small amount off at the moment as i'm bringing her back into work but shes getting really warm. As a rule i have her sedated to clip but it's expensive and if i could work on her with these, id be a happy happy lady. Are they worth the punt?

tankgirl1

Visit site
Mine has always been awful to clip. I only want to take a small amount off at the moment as i'm bringing her back into work but shes getting really warm. As a rule i have her sedated to clip but it's expensive and if i could work on her with these, id be a happy happy lady. Are they worth the punt?

I reckon so yes