? I just spent £65 on a bit of plastic

poiuytrewq

Visit site
As per recent thread.
The weird bendy piece of plastic cut in a funny shape.... this had better be good ?

The thinline something fillies muzzle ??

Last edited:

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I think the hole will need to be bigger yes.
So madly expensive for what it is but having been struggling with a laminitic and a fat boy (que me being utterly terrified) I thought it maybe worth the risk. Also justified by the fact I intend to swap it between the two.
I just need to wait for the field safe head collar to arrive.

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Will be interesting to hear how it goes.

My irriates would either get a hind hoof stuck in it, or rip it off having a head rub on a post. And one of them is Houdini-esq with all things muzzle-like and I wouldn't want to lose one at that price!

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
As someone who struggles year in and year out with a SI horse and having spent a mortgage over the past 10 year or so on every supplement, cream, fly spray and rug on the planet I sympathise completely. what is the cost of a nice bungalow somewhere on the sunny south coast compared to a content and healthy horse? :oops::D

holeymoley

Visit site
Mine has arrived! Horse seems to get on well with it. Just awaiting the new headcollar I’ve bought for it as once it’s attached it’s on! It was a bit of a blighter of a thing to fit but once you have the attachments on the right holes then it’s all good.

millikins

Visit site
I shall await an update with interest :) I tried a (much cheaper) muzzle on my laminitic pony and she developed a great technique of rubbing her nose vigorously on the ground to access more grass, causing raw sores on her nose and chin. I wish you better luck.

windand rain

Visit site
I hate muzzles but "needs must when the devil drives". I hope it works but not convinced by the attatchments

MrsNorris

Visit site
I shall await an update with interest :) I tried a (much cheaper) muzzle on my laminitic pony and she developed a great technique of rubbing her nose vigorously on the ground to access more grass, causing raw sores on her nose and chin. I wish you better luck.

That is exactly what mine did, made a dreadful mess of his face, silly boy. These look interesting though, but wondering about durability, watching with interest..

IrishMilo

Visit site
Please can you let us know if it's any good? My gelding's been rubbed raw by his Flexi Muzzle and I'm not a fan of the heavy nylon ones either.

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
The answer is no, my fell gets his off within 10 mins at the moment. He had convinced his mates to take it off and when they weren’t bothered he sat down like a dog and used his hind leg to hook his head collar off. I despair!

Thank you. That's saved me some £££. He'll have to stick to his paddock the poor wee thing ?

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Hmmm that looks easy to replicate, might have a go at cutting one out.........(the joys of having a large, well-stocked workshop).

One for a small headed mini shetland would be great please ?
The smaller one keeps her Dinky on, the bigger 32" pony takes it to Olympic gold level for speed of removal, so staples to attach it to her head would be appreciated..... ??

bouncing_ball

Visit site
The answer is no, my fell gets his off within 10 mins at the moment. He had convinced his mates to take it off and when they weren’t bothered he sat down like a dog and used his hind leg to hook his head collar off. I despair!

Put a Rambo vamoose hoop fly mask with the two Velcro straps over the fieldsafe headcollar. Then much harder to get it off. And or plait top of headcollar to mane and forelock.

holeymoley

Visit site
My headcollar has just arrived so will fit this evening and let you know tomorrow! When we tried it he got on well with it but worried the headcollar was getting quite low on his nose ??‍♀️

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Hmmm that looks easy to replicate, might have a go at cutting one out.........(the joys of having a large, well-stocked workshop).
Umm, yes that was half the plan actually! I could do with 2 ?

I haven’t actually used it yet, simply because I didn’t own a field safe head collar and the amount of fly hoods I find in bushes I’d not want to turnout in a regular one.

He’s been wearing an ultimate muzzle though the last few nights. There’s something very sad about a horse in a muzzle :( the ponies I can handle. I know they will have destroyed it in a hour or so anyway!
This chap doesn’t even try to remove it, which is of course good but a little heart breaking ??‍♀️

scats

Visit site
Pity the Diva isn’t still around to test this out! I could have hired her out to muzzle companies test their products because she was insanely fast at removing every single muzzle I ever tried. From vague memory, her record was something like 5 seconds to remove one. It didn’t matter if it was practically welded to her headcollar, it was coming off.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Pity the Diva isn’t still around to test this out! I could have hired her out to muzzle companies test their products because she was insanely fast at removing every single muzzle I ever tried. From vague memory, her record was something like 5 seconds to remove one. It didn’t matter if it was practically welded to her headcollar, it was coming off.
Tiny Fuzzy is the same, nothing has beaten her yet!!