10 Thank yous and a goodbye

rosiesowner

Visit site
As posted on my Facebook...

"Sadly today we said goodbye to Trapper (aka Mr Whiley/Mr Cadbury) after an issue with the leg he injured before. He went in the sunshine, high as a kite on pain relief after eating the grass as happy as he could be. Instead of thinking about that sad part, here are a few things I want to say thank you to him for and did say as we sat with him afterwards.

1. Thank you for your sense of humour. Nobody was safe walking past your stable when you’d finished your feed and wanted to some target practise with your bucket.
2. Thank you for introducing my amazing mum to a whole new circle of brilliant friends at the yard (you know who you are).
3. Thank you for opening your mouth for the bit instead of sticking your head up in the air like a tit!
4. Thank you for looking after my mum whenever she rode you and showing her what fun it is to see the world from the back of a horse.
5. Thank you for being so cheap to feed, since your big sister Chilli likes to drain my bank account on the monthly!
6. Thank you for being so good to clip and standing there for hours that one day in December when I was hungover and thought I was going to be sick into your freshly hogged mane...
7. Thank you for always trying your best. You might not have been the worlds best show jumper or the fastest in a race but you never said no.
8. Thank you for helping me teach my first ever private lesson when you were in the school. I was so nervous but your impeccable behaviour made it a lot easier.
9. Thank you for proving me with an intense upper body workout every time I mucked your ****** stable out!
10. Lastly, thank you for being so good to do and for being the best Christmas present dad and I could ever have bought mum.

We wouldn’t change having had you for the world. Love you Mr Tappy Trapson 💕"

35306052_967608793398768_5570124029412507648_o.jpg

35076972_967608783398769_6750633844128350208_o.jpg

I feel exhausted and empty having had to be the strong one out of myself and mum. When he was gone I just plonked myself and my broken leg down next to him in the grass and held his head close to mine. As they go it was really peaceful, no struggle or resisting on his part. He was the best Christmas present I ever could have bought my mum and it breaks my heart that they've been torn apart right when they were starting to really become close.
I just wanted to share the post here too.

rosiesowner

Visit site
I'm going to also add that if anyone knows any horsey charities that would really appreciate his rugs, we are looking to donate them rather than sell them. It's just a kindness that matches how lovely he was. I think if he was a human he would have given his coat to anyone he thought looked a bit cold.

kinnygirl1

Visit site
I'm so sorry for your loss. He looks a lovely chap. Hugs to you and your family.

Hope pastures will take the rugs... I know you're in Yorkshire... They are near Otley near Leeds.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I am so sorry for and your mum's loss but what a lovely tribute to a fantastic horse.

Ime it is always best under these circumstances to focus on the good memories and you certainly have some lovely ones.

I'm not sure where in Yorkshire you are but we are not too far away from HAPPA (just over the Pennines) and have taken rugs and other stuff there, under similar circumstances. It is a very pleasant (half) day out. You can look round the premises and there is a cafe.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
As posted on my Facebook...

"Sadly today we said goodbye to Trapper (aka Mr Whiley/Mr Cadbury) after an issue with the leg he injured before. He went in the sunshine, high as a kite on pain relief after eating the grass as happy as he could be. Instead of thinking about that sad part, here are a few things I want to say thank you to him for and did say as we sat with him afterwards.

1. Thank you for your sense of humour. Nobody was safe walking past your stable when you’d finished your feed and wanted to some target practise with your bucket.
2. Thank you for introducing my amazing mum to a whole new circle of brilliant friends at the yard (you know who you are).
3. Thank you for opening your mouth for the bit instead of sticking your head up in the air like a tit!
4. Thank you for looking after my mum whenever she rode you and showing her what fun it is to see the world from the back of a horse.
5. Thank you for being so cheap to feed, since your big sister Chilli likes to drain my bank account on the monthly!
6. Thank you for being so good to clip and standing there for hours that one day in December when I was hungover and thought I was going to be sick into your freshly hogged mane...
7. Thank you for always trying your best. You might not have been the worlds best show jumper or the fastest in a race but you never said no.
8. Thank you for helping me teach my first ever private lesson when you were in the school. I was so nervous but your impeccable behaviour made it a lot easier.
9. Thank you for proving me with an intense upper body workout every time I mucked your ****** stable out!
10. Lastly, thank you for being so good to do and for being the best Christmas present dad and I could ever have bought mum.

We wouldn’t change having had you for the world. Love you Mr Tappy Trapson ��"

35306052_967608793398768_5570124029412507648_o.jpg

35076972_967608783398769_6750633844128350208_o.jpg

I feel exhausted and empty having had to be the strong one out of myself and mum. When he was gone I just plonked myself and my broken leg down next to him in the grass and held his head close to mine. As they go it was really peaceful, no struggle or resisting on his part. He was the best Christmas present I ever could have bought my mum and it breaks my heart that they've been torn apart right when they were starting to really become close.
I just wanted to share the post here too.

What a beautiful post and tribute to a gorgeous well loved horse - he was so lucky to be in your life with loving caring owners, and brought a lump in my throat. RIP Trappy :(

Last edited:

rosiesowner

Visit site
Thanks all, and thank you for the recommendations of charities too. We're East Yorkshire but will consider anywhere really. There are loads of horses in need who need them more than we need the money for them.

Thanks again, he is such a loved horse by so many people x

SilverLinings

Visit site
That is such a nice eulogy for what sounds like a star of a horse, and I admire your determination to go out of your way to do something good in a bad situation (donating the rugs). I hope that you and your mum are ok, and that you have lots of happy memories to cherish for a long time to come, despite your mum owning trapper for such a short time. Life seems very unfair sometimes, but it sounds like you made sure that Trapper's life with you was a good one.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Oh I'm so sorry RO :(
I remember your post about buying him for your mum and how happy you all were. What a wonderful horse and how dearly was he loved. A beautiful tribute. Thoughts are with you xx

ozpoz

Visit site
A lovely tribute - he looks such a kind and sparkly cob, obviously revelling in being so appreciated. Lucky boy to have had such a happy home and a good life to the end. x

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
So sorry RO, what a lovely tribute to a much loved horse, he was incredibly handsome and I hope you will be able to remember him fondly without too much sadness in the future xx

claret09

Visit site
such a beautiful boy. he had a wonderful life with you. I really hope you are able to when you feel ready find another horse to love. you clearly have a huge amount to give.

Surbie

Visit site
Baeutiful words - he was clearly something very special. I hope you feel easier with his passing and you don't always have to be the strong one. Giving his rugs away is a lovely thought.