100 day scans?

_jetset_

Visit site
I was wondering how many breeders have these done?

Every time I have bred a foal I have had these done, but due to not having the facilities this year (we are in the process of building our own place) my four ladies had 60 day scans at stud and have since had no further scans.

Ideally I would have liked to have confirmed the pregnancies at 100 days but I was just wondering whether others do this or whether I have just been over cautious in the past?

JanetGeorge

www.horseandhound.co.uk
I generally don't scan after the 28 day scan unless I have a reason to - such as a late set of twins, or a mare who tends to lose pregnancies. But then most of mine are in foal to my own stallions - and the others are in foal to stallion owners who are very good to deal with if a pregnancy is lost late.

TheMule

Visit site
Mine is being scanned at about 120 days because I will adjust her nutrition according to whether she's in foal or not. Also because I cant take the anxiety dreams much longer (first time breeder ;-) )

_jetset_

Visit site
Thanks guys... My girls are all in foal to my own boy via AI and all due at the beginning of March.

I sometimes wonder whether it is worth interfering again at 100 days after the number of scans these ladies have during AI.