1000 miles hacking....anyone doing this??

Fjord

Visit site
I haven't signed up to this but I am doing the Walk 1000 miles challenge. It's only just under 3 miles a day so very copeable. For you and your horse I'd just start slowly, you'll soon increase fitness.

Morgan123

Visit site
yehhhh that looks like fun, currently got one pony broken and the other one being broken in, but whichever is most functional most quickly I will sign up!!!

Tarte Au Citron

Visit site
I have :) Im not a massive hacker but im intrigued as to whether we can hit the target in a year. Using one of the apps has been interesting already as didnt realise one of the shortish routes was as long as it was lol.

Its pretty simple to sign up and the easiest way to track is to download one of the recommended apps.

Tarte Au Citron

Visit site
I used OS mapfinder, i also downloaded saferider lite but cant get the gps to connect for some reason. The os mapfinder was pretty good though. It records time, average speed and distance as well as plot the route taken on a map. You can also save the trail which will make it easier to keep track of how many miles done in total.

little_critter

Visit site
Ok - so having just signed up for it and re-read the blurb, do you actually get anything for signing up? Do you submit mileages? is there any sort of league table / progress log?
As far as I can tell you might as well just write down your hacks on a piece of paper.

supsup

Visit site
I haven't signed up, but yes, it's possible. I've been tracking my normal hacks for years on Endomondo now, and in good years I've managed right around 1600km (1000mi) without special effort. Pony has been partially out of work though recently, so not going to try and manage this year.

Puddleduck

Visit site
I've signed up. My boy is three weeks into ridden rehab work following 6 months box with a DDFT tear and collateral ligament damage. Figured it would be more fun to add a challenge to the work we've got ahead of us.
We clocked up about 350 miles walking in hand shame they don't count.

patchwork puzzle

Visit site
I've just signed up today and ridden my riding pony out for a hack and walked with my mini. I was wondering if his walk will count towards it, does anyone know if it's 1000 per horse or per rider and whether a walking hack, so to speak, counts?

hest

Visit site
I have too. It's a fab idea. I was lucky enough to be a part of the promotional shoot for this campaign which Your Horse Magazine are running. It's a fantastic idea to get people and their horses out of their arenas and enjoying the beautiful British countryside.