100g Turn out Rugs - Sudgestions Please.

rach1984horse

Visit site
Does anyone know of a 100g turnout rug? Rosie is too cold in her Landa Lite, but too warm in her medium weight 220g rug. Finding it impossible to find something to keep an unclipped Highland happy but clean.

jennystreek

Visit site
hmmmm....dont know of any 100g, but i have a fal slumberdown that is 40g, plus has a hood so gives a bit more warmth.

The other think i do is use the Insulator rug (think its amerigo??) under lightweight turnouts - its 150g, so may be a bit better than your 220g

Pidge

Visit site
The rambo duo has a 100g outer and comes with a liner, mine came with a 300g liner but not sure what it comes with this year. Found it really good as can go from a sheet to 100g to 200g to 300g then 400g for winter temperatures. I just mix and match liners or stable rugs under the outer rug.

merlinsquest

Visit site
Is she really cold though??? Surely a highland pony is designed to live out in Scotland... and you have said she is unclipped... the highland on our yard has just had his third clip!!!

rach1984horse

Visit site
She drops weight in the winter. And I plan on riding her 3 or 4 days a week starting next week after she's been turned away for a bit. Highlands don't stay clean or dry out easily so a rug is my only option.

If I put a Light weight with no filling on her, it flattens her coat and doesn't allow it to stick up and keep her warm, as a highland coat would do left to it's own devices. Hence needing a rug somewhere in between.