13 days to go!

Visit site
I Absolutely love following everyones pregnancy/foaling threads but i never thought of making my own.

I am a first time breeder and would love to share these last few weeks of Callie's pregnancy with people in the same boat. I find a lot of my friends don't truly understand how ridiculously excited i am!

Callie is a 15.1hh 12yo ISH (Western Promise X Power pack lines) Both of her parents are full up 16hh and she ended up a small fry haha. She is the most gentle hearted little mare and tries her hardest in whatever she's asked to do. Callie had an accident foal as a 4yo, a 14.2 pony jumped into her field! I bought her as a 5yo just broken. Callie is in foal to KWPN stallion Tolan R, i absolutely fell in love with him and after many hours of researching stallions he stood out to me.

Callie is due on the 5th May, 13 days time! Can't believe how fast it's all gone. She isn't showing many signs of foaling anytime soon. Foal is dropping slowly but surely, have a bit of softness around her tail, No bagging up as of yet (A little bit one day but went down overnight) and she is very content. I think she may leave me waiting!!

I am hoping for a dark bay filly with one white sock and a star but all i really care about is a healthy mare and foal, but i can dream, right? :D

Will keep you all updated!

Callie at 320 days

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
Love her dapples.:)

Of course it's incredibly exciting breeding your own. If anyone had got hold of my phone last year they would have what on earth I had been taking pics of. I took pics on daily basis of her teats and vulva to compare difference.

Tetrarch 1911

Visit site
What a sweetheart! Sounds like she might be one of those mares who bags up very quickly. Do you know what she did the last time?

Visit site
What a sweetheart! Sounds like she might be one of those mares who bags up very quickly. Do you know what she did the last time?

I haven been away all weekend and checked on her late last night and she has bagged up quite a bit in 2 days! VERY EXCITED! unfortunately not, she was basically wild in a field at the time and was away from the owner's home!

Visit site
Love her dapples.:)

Of course it's incredibly exciting breeding your own. If anyone had got hold of my phone last year they would have what on earth I had been taking pics of. I took pics on daily basis of her teats and vulva to compare difference.

Oh my gosh my phone is the exact same haha Cal has started bagging up :D

Escada2004

Visit site
Your mare looks fantastic! Im in the same position as you, first time breeder but my mare foaled before :) im getting a little excited now although things up in the air with future plans once the foal has been born but i will deal with that when i have to as i just want to enjoy it all a bit more rather than stressing! My mare isnt due until June but like you my phone is full of photos! Mainly of her belly to see how its changing each week. My mare is in foal to Mermus R :) Did you go direct through Galway Bay Stud? I did and found them great to deal with and very helpful :) keep us posted, cant wait to see the pics of your foal!

Visit site
Little update:

I was away this weekend and over that time Callie has started to bag up!! I see a change in her belly and everything is starting to get into position. 10 days until her due date :D

Callie this morning looking for proud of herself. She chased her field companion away which isn't like her so maybe we are going in the right direction and will see baby callie soon :D

[Excuse the boobie picture] Top: Last night, Bottom this morning! Going in the right direction :D

Visit site
Your mare looks fantastic! Im in the same position as you, first time breeder but my mare foaled before :) im getting a little excited now although things up in the air with future plans once the foal has been born but i will deal with that when i have to as i just want to enjoy it all a bit more rather than stressing! My mare isnt due until June but like you my phone is full of photos! Mainly of her belly to see how its changing each week. My mare is in foal to Mermus R :) Did you go direct through Galway Bay Stud? I did and found them great to deal with and very helpful :) keep us posted, cant wait to see the pics of your foal!

Thank you! I'd love to see some pictures of your mummy to be. Hope everything works out when he/she is here! My friend has a Mermus R foal due in june, first foal for both her and the mare! I went through Drumhowan as they stand Tolan R. I met Alan Robertson who i believe owns Galway Bay Stud and also owns Tolan R, he is lovely!

Escada2004

Visit site
Thank you! I'd love to see some pictures of your mummy to be. Hope everything works out when he/she is here! My friend has a Mermus R foal due in june, first foal for both her and the mare! I went through Drumhowan as they stand Tolan R. I met Alan Robertson who i believe owns Galway Bay Stud and also owns Tolan R, he is lovely!

Thank you, looks like you will have a baby any day :) so exciting! What breeding is your friends mare who is in foal to Mermus R? Here is a photo pf my mare, excuse that she looks a bit dirty, she is at a friends so i only get to go anf give her a good brush once a week!

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28999&d=1461589581

Visit site
She's really dropping everyday, think we will definitely have a baby in the next 2 weeks! I'm not 100% sure, has a good bit of TB in her. she looks lovely! Excited to see her baby too :)