18 days to go...

bex1984

Visit site
... Until I get my pony back!

He's been out on loan for 2 years (because I had a baby) and has had a great time and been really well looked after.... But I've missed him so much!

Have found a lovely yard for him, and I am SO EXCITED! :D

Just wanted to share this with people who understand how exciting this is!

dianchi

Visit site
That's good, however sadly my friends loan horse has been requested back (obvs not yours!) and having seen the other side so to speak its a tad mixed emotions.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I know the feeling! I had to put my old horse on loan when I had a baby- years ago now. I regularly visited and when I saw that the loaners daughter really had grown up and lost interest (my horse was for the mum to accompany the daughter on hacks and keep her pony company), they sold the pony so I asked if they'd mind me having my horse back, being in a better position to pay for and look after him. I think they were relieved to be honest, sad to see him go and we kept in touch til he was pts but happy that he was coming back to me.
It was literally THE BEST thing I ever did. He was old and ancient and had some health problems by then but we too found a sweet little yard and just had a few years of pure joy with my old boy :)

Good luck and enjoy xx

bex1984

Visit site
That's good, however sadly my friends loan horse has been requested back (obvs not yours!) and having seen the other side so to speak its a tad mixed emotions.

I know - I did feel awful telling them I was taking him back (he's on loan to a Riding School though so slightly different). It's been 2 and a half months since I gave notice that I'm having him back....it has felt like ages!!

bex1984

Visit site
I'll have to sort him out first...he's been living out all winter so he looks like a woolly mammoth! Can't wait to attack him with clippers and shampoo :)

tabithakat64

Visit site
Yay, I can't begin to imagine how overexcited you must be at the prospect of getting murphy back :)
You'll have to post loads of pictures and updates :)

Gorgeous George

Visit site
Hey, good to see you on here, you must be so excited about getting Murphy back! Would love to see a pic of him before you set to with the clippers.

Unfortunately things not so good here as poor George is broken at the moment.

bex1984

Visit site
Hey, good to see you on here, you must be so excited about getting Murphy back! Would love to see a pic of him before you set to with the clippers.

Unfortunately things not so good here as poor George is broken at the moment.

Oh no, sorry to hear that... What's up with him?
Can't believe it's been 7 years since we got them! Time flies.

bex1984

Visit site
Please Bex post that fabby picture of the two of you on the gallops... there must be people on here who haven't seen it before!? And congratulations on him coming home!

On my phone at the moment but I'll post it next time I get on the laptop.

I hopped on him a few weeks ago, RS were running a games competition and let me do a class. I shortened my reins, leant forward and whispered "when they say go... Go!" in his ear. They said go and he shot forward, galloped down the menage and we came 2nd. I cried. :)