195R/14C Lorry Tyres urgently needed - Please help

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
Right having a nightmare, went up yard last night (after 12hr shift) to find horsebox has a nail in one of its front tyres. This is causing a slow puncture so still driveable, but obviously don't want to put horse on board. Spare wheel has 185R/14C tyres on (which is what is on the back, twin axle wheels), so can't put spare on front. Arhhhhhhh. Can anyone recommend a tyre place (near Guildford, Surrey) that I can get a 3.5 ton lorry into on Monday afternoon (working 12hr shifts till then. and have farrier Monday morning) as desparately need lorry for Tuesday to take friends horse to Liphook. God why Oh why does it all go wrong at once.

Also does anyone know if it is normal to have different size tyres on front to one on back? It is on a DAF 400 combi chasis if that helps.

lisan

pets.webshots.com
My friends old Cargo had different tyres on the front to what were one the back. I just got two fab tyres on rims for a 3.5 tonner part worn from a local scrap yard for £20 each, they were like brand new. have a look on yell.com and phone local scrap yards!

Rambo

Visit site
I really wouldn't recommend part-worn tyres on any vehicle, let alone a horsebox
shocked.gif

The tyres may look good, but nobody knows what's really happenned to them in their lifetime. For the sake of a few extra £££'s I would invest in new everytime. It's not like most of us do enough miles to worry about having to buy new tyres every year after all
crazy.gif

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
Yep I'm with you on this one, definately new ones needed. Think I have found someone to take wheel off for me, so I don't have to drive it to a tyre place (call me a coward, but imagine blow outs and all sorts)!!! Couldn't take wheel off myself as no jack - found wheel brace and handle for jack, but no jack - Marvelous!!!!!!!!!!