1st ever dressage report!!

amage

Visit site
Well we went off to affgiliated dressage on saturday. i did the elem 44 and 58. my 44 was brutal i was really nervous and the mare felt that. she was super in the warm up but went very tense. the 58 was much better i rode much more confidently and the mare was more focused. i mucked up the last medium trot big time...she was getting a little full of herself and i took up too much curb rein and she just stuck her nose in the air and said no...oops! there was a huge improvement from the first test to the second and warming up she was superb. one person warming up for the PSG thought i was in her class too!! we'll keep working at it and going to get some training. overall was not bad considering we are showjumpers with no dressage experience !!!

Loupride

s25.photobucket.com
You have crossed over to the darkside???
grin.gif
grin.gif

Thanks Great Amy - glad to hear it went well
grin.gif

amage

Visit site
test sheet just arrived in the post both judges were very incouraging. got a 7 for one of the medium trots in 58. it was two different judges for each test and the general consensus is to keep working and she will produce a lovely test and go further.

Taboo1968

Visit site
Well done.... nice to know I'm not the only one who sometimes takes the curb rein and ends up with said horse looking at the stars!

Brave to do 58 I hate that test but love 44???

amage

Visit site
thanks i actually found 58 easier on my mare because she seems to prefer the more challenging ones where the movements come up quicker! she's a bit daft lol

Taboo1968

Visit site
I keep looking at 58 and thinking noooooooo!!! However my lad is the same, schooled to PSG, and the more he has to do the better he performs! Its just rider error that doesn't help!

druid

Visit site
Well done chick, when are you at again? - btw, new boy arrives on thursday if you fancy coming to meet him at some point!

Dutch

spaces.msn.com
It is great news that you enjoyed your outing!! I think everyone has moments when their horse says no in the tests sometimes!! Dutchie was more than a bit curb sensitive too, basically he had to think that most of it was his idea lol!!

Have fun getting out there the more you do the easier it will become.