1st Feb Weekend Thread

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Am I early. Have I missed a post?

I'm excited because I LEFT THE GROUND again. Outdoors this time. Last week we popped tiny fences in the tiny indoor. Today we took it up a level or 3 and Toby was fab. Seemed very happy to be out there again.

Photographic evidence..... excuse the blurry pic. Fading light.

I am very pleased with him. But snow all next week. Grrrrr

146300124_3746016522145068_739287020361181562_o.jpg

humblepie

Visit site
Well done for the jumping. Took a long lunchtime today as been doing a lot of unpaid extra hours recently so managed to go for an early weekend nice long hack. We actually schooled yesterday and we could remember how to so that good. Hopefully hack or do a bit of schooling over weekend, really depends on the weather.

oldie48

Visit site
AE lovely pic and I think you are enjoying Toby a lot more?
Rose is on hand walking for the next few days following HA hock injections. I am so glad I followed my instinct and had her looked at as the vet immediately saw that she was just not completely sound on right hind. She looks totally sound when ridden but there was just "something". Really minimal but on a tight circle in trot I could see she was just not taking the weight evenly. TBH I've seen a lot of horses out competing at all levels who are a lot less sound but that's not the way I'd like to do things. Her comfort is paramount (as is my head when when I get back on!) and vet is confident that she'll be much happier. It's not right to expect her to step up if she's not completely 100%. My farrier has also changed her shoeing behind so it has been rather an expensive week! I walked her this morning and could have done with a lie down before driving home, she is rather well!
I hope everyone has good things planned for the weekend, we are due snow here and Stanley the BT and I are intending to watch some rubbish TV in front of a fire. Oh and I've had my vaccination, exciting times....not!

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Well done for trusting your instincts and hope she's 100% again soon.

I do enjoy Toby. He's a sweetie. Our progress and our partnership has been very up and down for one reason or another ever since he arrived in my herd. But I've bored on enough about Toby, I think. For now I'm just having fun and seeing what happens! He jumped well today. Bold, forward, making a decent shape. He's figuring it out.....

TheMule

Visit site
I jumped yesterday, first time in a while doing the skinnies and asking for some more technical lines. Think it showed up as we were a bit rusty and I need to think and react quicker, and then she got a bit tired so a bit of shuffling and kicking went on!
This weekend we will hack and maybe come back up to work and do some technical polework to get the footwork a bit better

Roxylola

Visit site
Having such arena envy at the moment. When we were waiting for tom on Tuesday the venue had a lovely arena with a course of jumps out. I was honestly tempted to ask if we could tack up and nip in for a quick pop

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Riding my pony! ? She's been continuing to agree with being a ridden horse again this week so we'll be doing some more indoor hacking over the weekend as forecast is appalling ?
It's very very basic trundling only, which it a bit weird on a horse that was knocking on the GP doors last summer but I'm just so pleased to start feeling progress now. Even had a brief canter today, whoop ?
20210204_190117_compress80.jpg

Bernster

Visit site
Lovely pics and updates.

Nowt much again here particularly with the snow forecast. Practised another test for online dressage in my lesson this week. Dropping down to prelim as the novice test didn’t suit us and the prelim one seems ok. It’s been good starting this, as it’s getting me thinking more about accuracy and riding to the markers. Hacking on Saturday if the weather holds and hiding indoors on Sunday I suspect!

A friend from a previous yard moved in this week so I’m looking forward to catching up with her this weekend and our horses will be field buddies.

racebuddy

Visit site
I working the all weekend until next Friday ??? so weekend of hacking inbetween work shifts so moved his treadmill session to the weekend after xx enjoying my early shifts and days out in the field xxx

Attachments

• 7CDB8684-3120-4A0F-935E-DFD07E68665E.jpg
    7CDB8684-3120-4A0F-935E-DFD07E68665E.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 3
  • FBCD2873-36C8-4DFE-BDD7-7AAC021012E9.jpeg
    FBCD2873-36C8-4DFE-BDD7-7AAC021012E9.jpeg
    20.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 007F5478-3289-4BA7-8035-D514E47FDEB1.jpeg
    007F5478-3289-4BA7-8035-D514E47FDEB1.jpeg
    18.6 KB · Views: 3

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
Am I early. Have I missed a post?

I'm excited because I LEFT THE GROUND again. Outdoors this time. Last week we popped tiny fences in the tiny indoor. Today we took it up a level or 3 and Toby was fab. Seemed very happy to be out there again.

Photographic evidence..... excuse the blurry pic. Fading light.

I am very pleased with him. But snow all next week. Grrrrr

146300124_3746016522145068_739287020361181562_o.jpg

Yay for jumping! Boo for snow!

I'll be a hacking this weekend. With companion on foot tomorrow so hoping to get some video to help work out what's going on with my legs as although not in the school its something I can work on. I'm determined to crack it! Might maybe go in the school on Saturday. Not sure. Still a bit nervous but could pop in for a few minutes after a short hack. Share horse's owner took him in there earlier in the week so I'll ask what she did with him and how it went. Before I fell off we had some good sessions in the school, I hope we can get back there again. Sometimes share horse finds it a bit exciting (especially if he thinks there is going to be jumping). I don't want to diminish his joy but I need chill for the time being so happy to stick with our toodling hacks!

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
Well, with a fire raging and lockdown making it hard to plan, everything here is cancelled. We are expecting RAIN though, so maybe a rain dance? Might even need a jumper. I am very excited.

Henry is still out, he told me firmly no yesterday but happy to be lunged and fussed over so thats his plan until further notice. Just as well we have no plans. Coolie says yes to riding, he even came up to me first in the paddock yesterday so going to have a jump either today or tomorrow and then hacking. Might practice some fun lines, angles and things. He will love that!

Chippers1

Visit site
Hacking this evening (avoiding the mud) and nothing again at the weekend as still on 'yard shifts' :( Buzz being vaccinated Monday so he'll have the week off as normal which helpfully coincides with the horrible weather forecast. Looks like I may have to cave and dig out a rug, he's got a very impressive winter coat and plenty of ad lib hay in the field but I will feel so mean leaving him out in the wind and snow that is apparently coming!

Breagha

Visit site
I hope to sit on my horse at some point this weekend. Our whole yard has been sheet ice and the outdoor school is frozen, so extended holiday. Im thankful that our horses are out 24/7.

TheSpottyCobby

Visit site
Weather forecast looks appalling for Sunday/Monday. Absolutely gutted as YO had arranged a pole clinic day for liveries on Tuesday - hopefully with lots of harrowing of the arena it won't freeze with the predicted snowfall! I expect I'll hack tomorrow (yawn, getting mightily bored of walking through mud but need to get out of the arena). Sunday could be fun... probably lots of shovelling and unfreezing to be done. Pony must go out if I can make it safe for him, for an hour if nothing else :confused: PSSM stresses in the wintertime oh deep joy.

Asha

Visit site
Keira looks so well and chilled MP.
Sorry to hear about Rosie - Oldie, hopefully she will continue to improve with the new shoes
Toby looks like hes having a blast

A trip out in the box for us this afternoon.. just to the vets. But at least the box gets a run out. As i dont actually owe the vets anything at the moment I've decided to get Pip checked out again. Im hoping its the last remains of an abscess, but theres still some swelling and shes still not quite right. Then at some point over the next few days Frank is coming back in to be restarted, just waiting on his jockey to confirm a day. Im hoping he takes it all in his stride again;)

racebuddy

Visit site
Keira looks so well and chilled MP.
Sorry to hear about Rosie - Oldie, hopefully she will continue to improve with the new shoes
Toby looks like hes having a blast

A trip out in the box for us this afternoon.. just to the vets. But at least the box gets a run out. As i dont actually owe the vets anything at the moment I've decided to get Pip checked out again. Im hoping its the last remains of an abscess, but theres still some swelling and shes still not quite right. Then at some point over the next few days Frank is coming back in to be restarted, just waiting on his jockey to confirm a day. Im hoping he takes it all in his stride again;)
Ive been treadmilling mine to keeo him supple and box gets a run out x hope vets goes ok x

KEK

Visit site
Hopefully moving back into our property tomorrow please let the rain come! We have been evacuated all week- the horses got moved to 3 different properties. I've had no sleep as my husband stayed to defend against the fire. We have been incredibly lucky not to loose our property, thanks to all the firies and particularly the bombers.
So SO grateful to the equestrian community here in WA that have taken in my horses.

Lillian_paddington

Visit site
Lots of horsey things to do, some fun, some not! Visiting the retired one tomorrow, he’s settled in well and is getting along nicely with the others. Then moving yards with the new pony and hopefully having a quiet weekend hacking out. Found out today she’s been turned out for even less time than we thought, so I’m quite relieved to be moving although the rest of the yard is lovely.

Asha

Visit site
Ive been treadmilling mine to keeo him supple and box gets a run out x hope vets goes ok x

I like the idea of the treadmill, is it expensive ?

vets went very well thanks. they confirmed it was the last of the abscess. Vet couldnt believe how sound she was considering the size of the hole. It went from the heel right under the frog. Pip has proved shes hard as nails ! So all being well we should be hacking next weekend .

Asha

Visit site
Hopefully moving back into our property tomorrow please let the rain come! We have been evacuated all week- the horses got moved to 3 different properties. I've had no sleep as my husband stayed to defend against the fire. We have been incredibly lucky not to loose our property, thanks to all the firies and particularly the bombers.
So SO grateful to the equestrian community here in WA that have taken in my horses.

Glad you and your horses are ok. That must have been very scary and puts our minor worries into perspective.

Reactions: KEK

GinaGeo

Visit site
We went for a little pootle round the roads this evening. It’s as exciting as our hacking gets at the minute without being able to box up for an inessential hacking expedition.

Lockdown is forcing me to get the youngster hacking out on our roads, which is something I wouldn’t usually entertain. Very thankful to have Solo to park my mum on, who is solid on the roads and somehow immovable when the bigger baby bounces off him ?

And then looking at the forecast I might get some soggy hacking in tomorrow before getting iced back in again for a week. The joys!

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
We also went for a road-based pootle. The universe aligned for us. By which I mean, the time I was able to ride and the time the sun decided to come out were at the same time!

Not the most relaxing ride, we came across a couple of motorbikes and I'm still working out share horse's reaction to them - he's not keen and his owner worries about coming across them but he's not done anything more than a scoot forward when they've approached us from behind. Both bikers were great though and turned off their engines to pass us. Although I'm disappointed my nerves showed up which meant taking a different route than planned, I'm pleased to have managed the situations safely and got us home happy. Share horse hasn't been out since the beginning of the week and I think he was enjoying stretching his legs :D

Wishfilly

Visit site
Best wishes to those down under dealing with fires!

Had a nice, chilled ride this evening, did a little bit in the school and popped around the dryer tracks on the yard's land, and even managed to dodge the showers. Blue has been poorly (had a cough which cleared up with antibiotics by last weekend), so I am just keeping things lowkey and chilled at the moment. But I am hoping to be able to ride both weekend days- it's cold but dry here, and last weekend was horrendous!

Now the evenings are lighter (and I'm working from home most days) there's more chance to ride after work, so hopefully we can work on his fitness!

scats

Visit site
Girls had vet chiro on Wednesday so they’ve had a quiet few days. If the weathers not too bad, Millie will hack this weekend. Polly is still in holiday mode.
We had about 30 escaped sheep tonight. Fencing was not only down and absolutely trashed but the energiser had been tampered with. We have our suspicions but no proof. Anyway, rang farmer and naughty sheep have been returned and fencing fixed.