1st HT on sunday, please can i have some advice....

Benefice1

Visit site
Hi,

Im doing my first HT on sunday and i had a few questions which im sure you knowledgable people will know the answers to!! (as they are pretty dumb questions!)

1) What happens if i catch up someone who started infront of me? Or if someone catches me up? I assume you can pass as long as you check it is ok first?

2) How do the penalties work? It is being run under BE rules.

Thanks guys x

SillyMare

Visit site
If you catch up with someone they should pull over and let you past. The jump judge should stop them if they see you coming.

If you get stuck behind someone and need to get past you may need to shout to let them know you are there.

Likewise, if someone catches you up just pull over between fences, let them go and then carry on.

Penalties - you should be able to find the rules on the BE website www.britisheventing.com

Benefice1

Visit site
thats what i thought, just wanted to double check though, thank you
smile.gif

KatB

Visit site
First of all, have fun!!
20 pens per stop, 60 for a fall off, your allowed 3stops at one obstacle before elim, or 4 around the course, if that makes sense? Hope that helps!

Benefice1

Visit site
thanks KatB, to be honest at the moment im going from being very excited to being scared witless!!!

yeah it does make perfect sense, my only aim is to get round without being eliminated! anything else would be a bonus!
smile.gif

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
They will have the rules there on the day - sometimes a timed section is the decider, or it may be who gets nearest the optimum time. Usually you can carry on, even after elimination, but stay out of the way of followers! Hopefully, that won't be an issue for you. Good luck and have fun!

Scoopy

Visit site
Oh i had my first one a few weeks ago, i know how you feel !!!

Well first of all, enjoy it and have fun, thats what i did, and came 7th ops ! but really though just go and enjoy yourself, horses are fun.
wink.gif

Benefice1

Visit site
wow thats excellent you must have been so pleased, i saw your post
laugh.gif

im just gonna take it slow (think horsey might have other ideas) and treat it as a learning exercise, all i want is to get round! but if we dont then nevermind, it is our first one after all!