2 question, 2 diff horses

mazziek

Visit site
ok first question, was out hackin on sunday n as we went down the stone road felt stumble next day he was lame in trot, now we on thur and he still lame in trot. he wears those circle shoes and had stone wedged in next t frog, could that be issue? there is no heat anywhere. or does he know there is a comp on tuesday and is doing it delib?! he is quite fit.
Second question, was riding 19 yo mare n twice in sand skl her back leg went from under her, again she quite fit, could it be the sand in skl.its quite thick. any ideas please

Box_Of_Frogs

Visit site
As others hun, I'd get the vet out if it's an ongoing thing, not clearing up on it's own in a day or two. 1st ned could easily have bruised his sole with a nasty sharp stone wedged in his foot but I would have thought it would be better by now. It may have caused some damage and punctured the sole. 2nd ned - as you say, could be just an odd moment in a slippery school. Is she sound on it now? If not, vet. If she is, I'd keep a diary and watch for re-occurrences. If they happen, vet.

Tnavas

Visit site
Horse 1 - sounds very much like a stone bruise - poultice and you might just be lucky that he will be sound again

Horse 2 - dropping a back leg is a sign of back problems - probably needs the chiropractor