2 reports in 1 from a very busy weeknd!!**pics and videos added**

AutumnRose

Visit site
This has been such a busy weekend, there is a chance i may fall asleep before i've written this.....try to stay with me!!
smirk.gif

Yesterday i took the Blue pony down to Golden X for trialblazers show jumping as i wanted to jump him on grass before his 1st intro in 2 weeks. Finished yard stuff early in the morning so i left a bit sooner than i'd intended and good job too. They were just starting my 1st class, 85cms, and hardly any in it. Cue mad rush to get ready (why does this always happen when you're by yourself so no one to help!), didn't have time to put studs in.

Couple of very quick warm up jumps and cantered straight in the ring. He jumped nicely to go clear although seemed every so slightly unsure of himself....nothing major but just not quite as confident as his usual self. Not sure if it was lack of studs or just that he's only sj'd once on grass before (last October) so just a bit surprised. As i came back to trot and patted him i thought, why have they put the finish over there, that's a bit odd. Muppet me was in such a rush i didn't realise there were 10 fences. Quick circle and popped it but they gave me 4 faults for the circle so i couldn't jump off...how annoying!!!

Next class was 95cms. Again he jumped a nice clear, got a couple of very deep spots and he tried very hard and got his feet out the way! Again i felt he was just a little unsure....one sign was he didn't make up the distance in the double and fiddled one in. Decided not to do jump off, though was tempted, as he obviously was a bit surprised by whole thing. He'd jumped two clear rounds and didn't think there was much to be gained by putting the fences up for him. There are a couple of pics and a video of the 95cms at the end...... I'm quite pleased with the improvement in his technique, think i need to get a stud girth sooner rather than later!! Please excuse my lower leg, i'm having problems with my stirrup treads!!!

Today i took him to a local hunter trial for a spin round. I had a friends hen do last night and didn't get in until 4am (i am way too old for that). So the thought of going xc when i looked very bleary eyed out of the window at torrential rain this morning was not appealing!!!! It was supposed to be 2'6 but about 1/3 of the jumps wouldn't have looked out of place in an intro tbh. Made me think of the discussion on here the other day about small courses being to technical. It was well built but had about 4/5 skinnies, including a double of them on a curve, labeled A & B and a step up to aa skinny. Lot's to look at and it cause SO much trouble but he popped round clear. Pretty green in places and i was a bit pee'd off with myself for not riding forwards enough....I'm keeping my leg on but almost holding him off a little too, trying to make sure he's seen it (i thinK, although it' not intentional!). I have a video demonstrating exactly what i'm doing but don't fancy showing off my poor riding tbh.......
blush.gif
blush.gif

He always wants to get to the other side even when he does have a look at something odd so i just need to trust him and get my arse in gear i think!!! Anyway he was a very genuine boy today so very pleased. Also got to meet the lovely rising_promise in person.

Sorry, bit long but it was a 2 for 1!!! Glass of wine if you made it through.....i'll stick with OJ though. My liver is still recovering from last night.....
frown.gif
smirk.gif
smirk.gif
smirk.gif

Sorry pics are huge, no idea how to resize!!!

camera1119.jpg

camera1118.jpg

rotters13

Visit site
Goodness! Hasn't he changed a lot from Pulborough last year! He looks fantastic! Are you doing Mattingley or BCA?

Sorry for numpty question but how long have you been riding after you broke your ribs?

AutumnRose

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Goodness! Hasn't he changed a lot from Pulborough last year! He looks fantastic! Are you doing Mattingley or BCA?

Sorry for numpty question but how long have you been riding after you broke your ribs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Erm i got back on 4 weeks after ribs so end of March. Didn't jump until mid April though. Thanks he feels very well at the moment
smile.gif
I'm doing Borde Hill then Ascott under Wychwood. Where are you headed?

AutumnRose

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
hes so cute, love him, he's looking really good
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif
grin.gif
Thanks, he is pretty cute. Getting so spoilt though. OH gave him a whole pack on polos today.....
smirk.gif
tongue.gif

AutumnRose

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Laura
smile.gif

He really looks great - lovely how he snaps his feet up over a fence - very neat.

I'm sure you'll do really well on him - he's like a different horse!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Jen! His technique has improved a lot. Plus he's grown and muscled up a lot. Fingers crossed for the season. Are you at Borde Hill??

FestiveSpirit

Visit site
Sounds like some great results AR, you must be more than ready for Intro at least
smile.gif
Cant wait to read your next report
smile.gif

AutumnRose

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
He does like to keep his front feet out of the way doesn't he
smile.gif
!!

Well done - a very busy weekend.

Fiona

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks
smile.gif
He has improved so much technique wise. Was very dangly to begin with, although always careful. Much better shape now though!!
grin.gif
grin.gif

jennystreek

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Laura
smile.gif

He really looks great - lovely how he snaps his feet up over a fence - very neat.

I'm sure you'll do really well on him - he's like a different horse!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Jen! His technique has improved a lot. Plus he's grown and muscled up a lot. Fingers crossed for the season. Are you at Borde Hill??

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep - I will be there on the saturday... I think?! Doing the PNP.. what day are you there? x

Bubblegum

Visit site
Really super weekend for you then! He looks like he is jumping super, and judging by the very nice dressage you posted the other day...he is going to have a ball when you go BE.
Great stuff,
grin.gif