2 year owner-versary! Self indulgent post!

Serephin

Visit site
Yesterday it was my 2 year owner-versary - 2 years of owning the sweetest, polite, well-mannered, cheeky, handsome, fast when he wants to be and safe horse I have had the pleasure to own.

When I first met him, I wasn't sure I wanted to own a horse again due to a run of bad luck. I found him through a HHO member who was looking for a sharer. I was hoping to get my confidence back so thought sharing was the best way to go about it, along with weekly lessons at a riding school.

Due to changing circumstances, after about 6 months, his owner offered him to me to buy - we were both unsure, but after a lot of thought I went for it and bought the boy! Well, I did more with him in the first year than I had done with my other horses combined! We went out in a friends trailer for long hacks. Jumped logs in the woods and even went on a sponsored ride (that was about a month after I bought him!). I have been nervous and he has been spooky, but as the relationship has gone on we have got to know each other and I now know that the saying, it takes 2 years to really get to know each other is so true. I know I can trust him and he knows he can trust me. I still have my wobbly days confidence wise, but I am nothing like I was.

I have been suffering a bit lately with my health and felt like death - but I would go up the yard and would leave again feeling so much better. I even rode him whilst feeling really bad, as it was so sunny and I just couldn't not ride, and he really looked after me. I was so pleased.

I know others look at us, me a happy hacker with my treeless saddle and shoeless ploddy cob - (but I know he can fly buck when he gets excited and spin like a TB!) - and think they don't compete or school, he must be a dope on a rope, but he is FAR from that and I am so glad that I met him and he brings me joy every day.

So I just wanted to share really. :)

Mongoose11

Visit site
Ah, how lovely. This could have been writing this post as I am coming up to two years with my lovely cob mare and we have been on a similar 'journey'.

They really are worth their weight in gold aren't they! Now I want to see a picture!!

x

Happy 2 year owner-versary

x

Serephin

Visit site
Ah, how lovely. This could have been writing this post as I am coming up to two years with my lovely cob mare and we have been on a similar 'journey'.

They really are worth their weight in gold aren't they! Now I want to see a picture!!

x

Happy 2 year owner-versary

x

They are the best, aren't they!

Not sure how to put photos on here, but will give it a go....

Congratulations on your owner-versary too! :D