2 years (and because I can finally post pictures again)

PapaverFollis

Visit site
2 years since The Beast passed her vetting. Picture of my first ride on her and on a hack out this summer. Safe to say she's bulked up a bit... possibly too much! She was just turn 5 when we got her so some of it is just filling out and muscling up...

She's turning out to be such a lovely horse for me... can't believe I didn't want to buy her now! Glad I listened to husband for once. 😂

20180925_233701.jpg

PapaverFollis

Visit site
You both look so much happier now :) she’s lovely and isn’t it nice to be able to ‘like’ a post!

Yes! I was pretty terrified when I first sat on... she's very powerful and it was like sitting on a rocket waiting to go!! Now we understand each other a bit better and she's still powerful but feels much more controlled. I don't think she was impressed with an odd assortment of people riding her while she was being sold so is highly suspicious of me in the first picture. I'm liking the liking too. 😂

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Oh bless her, she does look a bit goofy in the first pic because her body doesn't quite match her feet and head! She's looking absolutely amazing now though 😁

PapaverFollis

Visit site
Oh bless her, she does look a bit goofy in the first pic because her body doesn't quite match her feet and head! She's looking absolutely amazing now though 😁

😂 I know she was a right gangly duck. We thought she was a huge chunk then though! I don't know what we'd think if we first met her now... most people's first reaction to meeting her is "she's big isn't she?"... she's only 16hh. 😂

PapaverFollis

Visit site
She looks like a lovely kind horse!

Can I make a tiny note? Your bit in the second picture looks too small for her, are you able to go a size up?

Oh 🙁. Now I feel bad because I hadn't noticed/it looks ok to me in real life although it does look small in the picture... she was doing something funny with her gob because she wasn't for standing still for the picture but I do see what you mean. She's generally very happy in her mouth but she's also, as you say, a very kind generous sort who probably wouldn't complain much about anything. I'll check it out tomorrow. I wouldn't be surprised if she does need a bigger size. 🙁

oldie48

Visit site
She's lovely and you look really happy on her. It's great when you start appreciating their power rather than finding it a bit intimidating, isn't it? Suddenly it all starts to come together, it's taken me rather longer than you though!

SpringArising

Visit site
Oh 🙁. Now I feel bad because I hadn't noticed/it looks ok to me in real life although it does look small in the picture... she was doing something funny with her gob because she wasn't for standing still for the picture but I do see what you mean. She's generally very happy in her mouth but she's also, as you say, a very kind generous sort who probably wouldn't complain much about anything. I'll check it out tomorrow. I wouldn't be surprised if she does need a bigger size. 🙁

I'm sure she's fine, don't feel bad! With loose rings, it's always good to be able to fit the width of one finger between the corner of the mouth and the bit ring, to avoid pinching :)

PapaverFollis

Visit site
Thank you everyone for the nice comments. I'm very pleased with how she's coming along... even if she doesn't fit in any of her rugs anymore! 😂 And we're still working on being fit not fat! But the more work she does, the bigger she seems to get... I can feel ribs without too much poking though, so hoping at least some of the bulk is muscle!

I'm sure she's fine, don't feel bad! With loose rings, it's always good to be able to fit the width of one finger between the corner of the mouth and the bit ring, to avoid pinching :)

Thank you for the advice... I will check it tomorrow. She is due a new bit, this one belonged to the old boy so was only ever supposed to be temporary. 2 years later... 😂

She looks smart and you look happy! When are you changing her name from The Beast?!

She will always be The Beast... she is still beastly in size if not in attitude. 😂 She flirted with being The Rhino for a while? Although I also think The Grand Duchess might suit.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
Just because I find the way horses change over time endlessly fascinating, and I love to overshare to the point of boring everyone, I'm resurrecting this thread with another picture of The Beast (rather than spamming the forum with another thread). October 2016 to April 2019. Day she arrived to a few days ago. If nothing else her tail got a lot cleaner!! :D

57393207_10161605210455564_4654498407052738560_o.jpg

(PS. sorted the bit too, thanks Springarising! It was too small.)

PapaverFollis

Visit site
Thank you. I sometimes worry that we're doing everything wrong but seeing the neck development make me think we must be doing something right at least!

Her bum is quite marvellous and enormous, ESW, she is very proud of it. 😂 Her real name is Lady... sometimes it suits her. Sometimes Beast is much more appropriate!

SpringArising

Visit site
Just because I find the way horses change over time endlessly fascinating, and I love to overshare to the point of boring everyone, I'm resurrecting this thread with another picture of The Beast (rather than spamming the forum with another thread). October 2016 to April 2019. Day she arrived to a few days ago. If nothing else her tail got a lot cleaner!! :D

57393207_10161605210455564_4654498407052738560_o.jpg

(PS. sorted the bit too, thanks Springarising! It was too small.)

That's great! She is beautiful.