2006 Goals & Ambitions

pottamus

Visit site
Do you all remember way back in January when we all posted our horsey goals and ambitions for 2006? So how are we all doing then...are we on target? Would be great to compare...
smirk.gif

Well after a couple of horrendous pleasure rides in 2005 with my boy, where he carted me everywhere, spooked for England and went into rodeo everytime someone overtook us...my goal was to get to grips with him this year and go to at least 5 this year, ride it out and try to improve him as I want to do endurance. I am so pleased because we have being doing one a week for most of the summer and have booked one every week to go to until November!!!
laugh.gif
He is a completely different horse now and we are both loving it.
grin.gif

I also wanted to do more work in company and he is much better now and we have even cantered behind horses he has never met before!
grin.gif

Wanted to hack out in new places to get him used to the trailer and we have covered that pretty well with the different rides we have been to.
So I feel we have achieved a lot and on set for all goals...horray!
grin.gif

What about you guys???

Nic

Visit site
Well done you!

I have acheved my goal of competing at BE & we have been relatively successfull at Intro level. also been moving up the classess at BSJA & have won just under £100 & jumped my first Newcomers recently.

We also qualified for Scope which was not a goal but a fantastic extra!

Will be achieving another goal of competing BSJA at Blair this year & have also entered for 2 PN BE events so hoping to survive at that level now!

We also broke the 40 barrier in a BE dressage test twice now!!!
shocked.gif

I feel like D & I have really clicked now ( after a lot of stress at the beginning of summer) and feeling like we are getting somewhere now.

SillyMare

Visit site
In a word, no.

India was supposed to be doing Novce and working towards a 2 day in the autumn - instead she is broken and in foal (and currently taking her responsibility to eat for 2 very seriously).

Lexi is pretty much on target with regard to jumping, but her dressage is actually getting worse (has taken to exploding in arenas).

Merry was never planned because I should have been eventing India. He is behind plan when I bought him (May) because he has come up with a curb and been off work for the last 6 weeks.

Given up now - planning for 2007.

BBs

Visit site
Like SM - NO!!!

Winston and I havent been very sucessful this season, yeah we've jumped 4 double clears and havent had any worse dressage score than 39! but time penalties and ringbone, pussy feet have been keeping us on our toes!

Horse is currently off lame! and is having a few weeks off in hope the brusing to his soles work their way out!

My new goals now are to get him around a Newcomers over the winter - watch this space ppl lol

BBs

Visit site
Bugger Ive just found 2 days of SJing at Addington next weekend!! AHHHHH Winston get sound my boy I feel a SJing session coming on.

*shifty eyes*

Its okay I dont think anyone saw that BBs has got excited about SJing

Beanyowner

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Bugger Ive just found 2 days of SJing at Addington next weekend!! AHHHHH Winston get sound my boy I feel a SJing session coming on.

*shifty eyes*

Its okay I dont think anyone saw that BBs has got excited about SJing

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw you I saw you!!!!!!!!!
grin.gif

Who knows you might be out in Germany with R if you get into this showjumping lark!!
wink.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Me and Beany succeeded in our task to do Royal Bath & West...but wanted to do more county shows but with Beany getting a puncture wound, being slightly lame behind before Chard show and not carrying enough weight its not been such a successful year as I would have hoped as far as the County shows are concerned. He has had two champions and a reserve and won all but one unaffiliated cob class so that is something to be very proud of.
I think we are now aiming towards getting fit and doing an Intro...probably in September now...there is one in Wocester...some place beginning with 'B' I think...will ask BB's very kindly to check for me!!
smile.gif
Was going to ask all you guys opinions on that one and perhaps do some more next season if he goes well. Getting him fit for hunt season as well now...and am planning to compete him at dressage and showjumping over the winter as well as we need the practice!!!!

BBs

Visit site
YIKES - It wasnt me - It was someone pretending to be me!!

Excited about SJing - NOT ME!!!!

Broadway in October - YAY i hear its a nice straightforward course!! GO FOR IT BEAN

Iestyn

Visit site
As above really - No, but have enjoyed other things instead. P was aimed at a Novice for the end of August, but having withdrawn from first event, then have 2 cancelled in May then breaking collar bone and withdrawing, then stirrup breaking over 8th fence at another event, we (well between me, OH and P) have completed 4 events. With the hard ground now, we've decided not to do anymore until mid-September. On the bright side, P hasn't faultedd cross country in over a year - proving that he is ver comfortable at PN and we are convinced his SJ will improve s they get bigger - daft thought I know!

After breaing my collar bone I've had a re-think of what I actually enjoy and I don't enjoy eventing as much as dressage. So, now equipped with a new trainer and dressage saddle I'm making plans for us in the dressage field! Watch this space!!!

Bossanova

Visit site
Hmmm...let me see....
Phew looks like I didnt post but in some ways I've acheived my 2006 goals (my horse evented again, something which at the start of the year was a bit dodgy) but in many others, no.
Never mind, shall look forwards to planning my 2007 campaign!!

Governor

Visit site
I've forgotten most of my goals for this year...I don't think I posted on the original post.

However we have been pushing on with (unaff) prelim dressage and we're now scoring in the high 60's. We're going to try a Novice as planned this autumn.

We've finally got out hacking again and he's going well alone as well as in company and confidently up the roads so i'm thrilled.

I had planned to start schooling cross country but seeing as we've jumped all of 4 times this year thats been put on the backseat and jumping is refrained to the school for the time being. I still want to get Governor out jumping again by autumn so we can carry on over winter.

We've not gotten round to going to any clinics as yet - best laid plans and all that!

MagicMelon

Visit site
I achieved my biggest 2 aims (eventing wise). And am very nearly there with the other one (said Id be doing 1.20's BSJA by end of summer).

Haven't actually achieved that much with my youngster though
frown.gif
Been so busy with my other boy! My aim for him is simply to get him going confidently through water and really getting going on the XC course (he still doesnt know how to gallop when I ask!).

dieseldog

Visit site
Looks like I didn't have any.... well nothing on the thread.

So I've totally exceeded all my ambitions for 2006.
grin.gif

No way in a million years would I have predicted going eventing.

Jo C

Visit site
Well I didn't post but I haven't achieved any of my goals for this year and all I want to do is get the bony growth sorted on my poor pony's leg if I could do that I will be happy. It has really not been a good year for him.
frown.gif

racingdemon

www.facebook.com
not sure why i didn't post, but had hoped to do a ODE event with Ian (only a small one) with the aim of doing an Intro sept/oct time.... he's gone very well all summer and collected his first rosetttes, but TIME has been my biggest problem.... there just isn't enough of it! hasn't help that every other person i know picked this summer to get married etc etc, and Alex & i have been house hunting/buying, so loads has gone on, but not as much with Ian as i'd have hoped, but am planning to dressage & SJ him during the winter, ready to start 2007 early!