2010 Breeding Survey

KarynK

Visit site
Right we are all up and running with a few minor adjustments so those who are kindly wishing to participate please can you send an email to

breedingsurvey@yahoo.co.uk

I will then send you a copy of the spreadsheet to fill in, If you are putting a mare in foal in 2010 that was either barren last year or is a maiden then please still participate, you have much less to fill in and we can get some idea of fertility this year as a whole! Also if you made attempts last year that failed can you take the time to fill in the first section for 2009.

Some of you like me already have foals on the ground so please do fill in a form after the event. The more data we can get the more significant the survey results will be!

Perhaps Admin can sticky this for the breeding season for us?

KarynK

Visit site
Thanks for the help Angrove, will be sending it to you again later as I've added some bits I forgot! Not looking at it again now!

KarynK

Visit site
Of course yes please do!!! I think Enfys is going to play from Canada! Will have to think about Southern Hemisphere and Equatorial regions as it will distort the look at seasons, by month, moon phases and weather!

KarynK

Visit site
Thanks all sent out loads so far so if they don't arrive safely email again! Only one spam so far!!!

Rollin

Visit site
There are aspects of the behaviour of the French National Stud which I find unacceptable.

However, I applaud them for there excellent knowledge of French Breeding. All horses have a French stud book number. All stallion owners have to make a return on mares covered.

Mare owners have to make a return of live foal (sex and DOB), death of foal and/or mare and those mares either empty of who abort.

So they know exactly what is happening re fertility.

KarynK

Visit site
That's a really good idea, I know that Weatherbys publish a broodmare return they used to publish it in the H&H at one time, but I guess as we do not have an overall breeding governing body and DEFRA are really only interested in if we spread disease no one is monitoring and of course we lost the Equine Fertility Unit that was doing some innovative work, (stupid to let it go in my opinion).

It will be interesting if the fall out from this volcano has any effect as probably we breeders with youngsters may be the first to see any problems with youngsters? Scary.

Ginnie I don't know why admin aren't stickying this will have to bump it to the top every now and then!

KarynK

Visit site
Thank you, you should have your paperwork by now any problems get back to me, a lot of questions but they will hopefully give us a lot of answers as well!!

Bennions Field

Visit site
dont know how usefull my info will be, she's a maiden due to be covered end may / early june, hope the info helps, she's not able to be ridden so hope she can be of some use this way

Alec Swan

Visit site
Karyn,

initial e/mail sent. This most certainly qualifies for stickie status.

Have you planned for ET, within your questionnaire? We're attempting to get 2 foals from one mare. I'm not entirely convinced that it's going to work. Oh well, it's only money, I keep telling myself!!

Alec.

KarynK

Visit site
Hi yes the data from your mare will be helpful as I have some questions about conceptions this year so you will have less to fill in but the information will be very useful so please do ask for a form anyone breeding this year that doesn't have a 2010 foal.

KarynK

Visit site
Thank you everyone will send the surveys tonight for you, will have to keep remembering to bump this up as the babies are arriving thick and fast by the look of it, nice crop this year everyone!! Will remember it not being stickied when the report is finished !!

Alec yes there is provision for ET on the conception section for last season and this year so that should be interesting to see how many people have stumped up the cash and the successes (fingers crossed for you!). The owner of the Stallion I used in Italy had some cracking ET babies a year or so ago out of one of his cutting mares by a couple of different stallions and they were sent from the US Frozen I believe for implanting, so it’s getting better by the minute.

I am just preying that Mount Doom shuts up for a bit as I am waiting on Frozen from the USA any time now and it’s a bit nerve racking as to if I will get it here on time, so might have to root around in the freezer for some old stuff I have there!!! It’s about time they chucked in that vertically challenged person and a gold ring!

KarynK

Visit site
Thanks all getting round to them, so please bear with me, have sent out loads! Even have one back!