2014 - A great year - and some hope for everyone!

ihatework

Visit site
A fairly rare post from me but ....

2 years ago I posted this:

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?569371-Impartial-advice-wanted!!

Having had a run of bad luck with horses, which left me doubting myself, a bit a received a phonecall...

It was the owner/breeder of a dressage mare who had seen a wanted advert from me on horsequest.
A fortnight later and my new schoolmistress had arrived on a short term loan, from a complete stranger who had put their trust in me.

I won't lie, the first year had it's ups & downs, but throughout it all her owner didn't interfere and gave me time to work things out.

This year I have probably had the most successful competition season of my time with horses.
I started at the Petplan Champs in April, followed by BD Senior Inter Regionals in May. In September I had a very good Petplan festival and another ticket to Hartpury. This was then followed by Home International where our region took the title. Today I concluded the 2014 season at Bury Farm High Profile with a solid test for 2nd place.

In the last year I have learnt loads and gone up 2 rider groupings. I also don't have this mare on loan anymore having been humbled by her breeder allowing me to take part ownership to secure our future.

So next year we have 3 classes to contest at the winter regionals, Hartpury to follow and then I am excited to start out on a breeding adventure!

So for everyone that is having a tough time with their horses, be that soundness, temperament or just training - I have been there and done that - cherish the good moments when you can :)

Over & out for 2014

IHW & beautiful ginger girl x

kinnygirl1

Visit site
Very well done! She is gorgeous too. And you have given me hope that I will one day defeat my issues and get back to having some fun with my boy so thank you.

ihatework

Visit site
Really well done! So Wanted Ads can work then.....

Yeah, but I had to kiss a few frogs first!!
The horse I tried before her ditched me so hard that I was crippled and dosed up on painkillers when I tried her. (And despite me getting up off the floor and telling the owner of the horse that ditched me that in no uncertain terms did I want their horse, they still tried their utmost to convince me to take him!!)

almostthere

Visit site
Yeah, but I had to kiss a few frogs first!!
The horse I tried before her ditched me so hard that I was crippled and dosed up on painkillers when I tried her. (And despite me getting up off the floor and telling the owner of the horse that ditched me that in no uncertain terms did I want their horse, they still tried their utmost to convince me to take him!!)

Oh my word! That makes me think that you stayed on longer than others then....noted...