2020 round up and 2021 plans...?

Michen

Visit site
Thought I’d start this thread as it’s quite fun (I think!) to think about what and where we thought we’d be this time last year to now. If someone had told me I’d have added two more animals to my collection I’d have told them they were nuts..

As the year starts to draw to a close its with mixed feelings as I think it’s been fairly turbulent for everyone. But, on the animal front I have lots to be thankful to HHO for.

Firstly for the awesome support when my beloved Boggle was diagnosed and had complications with an injury which required months and months of box rest, stress, decisions and then happiness when things finally felt like they were looking up. People were really generous with their advice and took lots of time to write thought out replies and they all helped.

Secondly for the purchase of Bear- because you all looked at countless ads and then didn’t think I was utterly bonkers when after a few mins of video it was decided he was “the one” and over he came on the boat. The journey with him was actually quite complex and whilst I didn’t post thoroughly about a particular incident that made me question his future as a ridden horse, I had lots of support from a particular poster (thank you) who gave me the confidence that he was not a lost cause. And indeed he wasn’t, he has blossomed into the most lovely, cheeky but kind horse. A wonderful young hunter and no doubt will be a great jumper when he learns next year.

Thirdly there’s Pepper, again (the majority!!) of you fully supported the purchase of a lovely young springer spaniel pup. What absolute joy she has bought, she’s turned out to be super talented and has trained with some of the top spaniel trialers/gundog trainers in the country. It’s opened up a whole new, very fun world as well as her being a best doggy friend.

Aim for 2021.. bring Boggle back properly and toddle around an event or two. Start Bear off jumping and aim for the same. A working test or even a novice trial for Pepper and generally just enjoy lots of time with my furry friends. But first looking forward to ending the year the way I started it- under water with some Manta rays!!

Pic of the two new additions first :)

1BF6196B-08BD-4B0A-A982-279DE593E1A6.jpegAA949068-31AC-435F-8D4D-96BBF015E1BC.jpegEC71546C-DE3F-49E2-9F95-2A5922ABBAFC.jpeg6B7E2282-839A-42C3-8566-C6F8CA0C8FD2.jpegCBEFD15D-F81A-4AF1-AC4A-7AA3B3133AC6.jpeg
1B545BF8-8B38-4256-85F5-F057C3C907EA.jpeg
350DAB1B-13F0-41C7-ADF3-8C6F524C496B.jpeg

Scotsbadboy

Visit site
What beautiful photos and a lovely positive outlook. Thanks for sharing OP :)

I started 2020 with no intention of having a horse ever again. Covid came, i got bored working throughout the whole thing so impulse bought an unsuitable horse who crushed my confidence in three months, until she was sold on to a much more suitable home. Decision was made to stay horseless until 2021 ...... until friends daughter very wrongly told me about a horse who i stupidly went to see and stupidly brought home ...... that was a month ago and even after the 3rd or 4th ride on him my confidence is back up to near normal (sounds crazy saying it so flippantly but my confidence was so low i nearly sobbed getting on him the first time i was so scared!)

So im finishing the year still working my socks off but now with the most beautiful dude of a horse i think i have ever had the privileged of meeting, let alone owning and we just seem to look at each other and smile at how lucky we both are (he wasnt in the best situation bless him) that we found each other :)

ETA for next year .. who knows, lots of lovely things, whatever we both enjoy the most :)

Attachments

• Dude close up.jpg
    Dude close up.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 18

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Aw what a lovely furry family you have.

My year started with a broken ankle in January which was the last time I really rode Amber. Her early retirement has been very hard to come to terms with. I had big plans with her! But she is healthy and happy so 2021 will be about finding her a new job or role. Dolly has gone from strength to strength and is just such as awesome pony. The current plan is to step her up to BE90 next year.

And we said hello to Toby who is a very sweet, willing genuine horse. I do hope to get him ready to event next season. He is quite clumsy over jumps which makes me a bit nervous about taking him XC. But then he used to trip over his own feet and that has stopped so perhaps it is just a baby-pony thing.

My main hope for 2021 is for us all the stay healthy and fit and for the world to return to normal. If that happens it will be a great year regardless.

119434532_3358509714229086_1834552866934784423_n.jpg

82360776_3099848506761876_1111704337556685524_o.jpg

51899545_2161639323916137_637753551979806720_o.jpg

Michen

Visit site
What beautiful photos and a lovely positive outlook. Thanks for sharing OP :)

I started 2020 with no intention of having a horse ever again. Covid came, i got bored working throughout the whole thing so impulse bought an unsuitable horse who crushed my confidence in three months, until she was sold on to a much more suitable home. Decision was made to stay horseless until 2021 ...... until friends daughter very wrongly told me about a horse who i stupidly went to see and stupidly brought home ...... that was a month ago and even after the 3rd or 4th ride on him my confidence is back up to near normal (sounds crazy saying it so flippantly but my confidence was so low i nearly sobbed getting on him the first time i was so scared!)

So im finishing the year still working my socks off but now with the most beautiful dude of a horse i think i have ever had the privileged of meeting, let alone owning and we just seem to look at each other and smile at how lucky we both are (he wasnt in the best situation bless him) that we found each other :)

ETA for next year .. who knows, lots of lovely things, whatever we both enjoy the most :)

Oh I love that! There's nothing better about buying a horse when you really didn't mean to :D

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
my 2020 review is peaks and troughs of disappointment and frustration, same old same old haha, but we did welcome Hera to our little herd and that was a massive highlight this year.

Ridden ones moved house, so in theory should be going great guns, but Darcy retired after my niggling concerns were confirmed by a vet and Kira is off games currently with glandular ulcers so... maybe next year will be better :rolleyes:

So I'm not making any plans really, i'd like her to pick up where she left off with a smile on her face and perhaps we will finally crack the passage and then we will be aiming extremely high ;)

Newbie baby pony may do something next year, may not, will depend on whether he's ready to start learning or not.

He and Hera will go and live with her aunties at some point

Until then... it's just a case of trying to keep them alive and waiting for better times ;)

119526190_3633892066622277_789829678017775665_o.jpg

Michen

Visit site

Roxylola

Visit site
I've got the supercob to fitten up, I'd like an established canter transition that doesn't include a bronc or 3 (but I'll settle for an established transition). That's on its way and improving all the time now I am being a bit more firm about it all.
I've a jump clinic at the end of this year, an arena xc clinic at the end of January and camp in February to look forward to.
From there, I'd like to be thinking about booking our first BE 80 and see how that goes

Well, I managed an 80 somehow. We've got a much more reliable canter transition although we still bronc sometimes (that's cobs for you).

I hadn't really looked at dressage goals, but we've done a few tests and got some BD points so I might have area Festival in the new year.
More clinics and camps booked for January, February and May. Looking to do some more fitness, hopefully work on speed and maybe an nice 90 back end of the year.

I'm only a winter BD member but definitely want to be elementary by next winter if we dont get there this season

AE, Charlie falls over poles on the floor, his own feet occasionally and is bold but not careful at all showjumping, he has a lot more respect for solids

Annagain

Visit site
I've done nothing really but lots has changed.

This one retired and is loving his new life of mud, cuddles, treats and not much else. He always had those in his life before but he had to earn them then. The decision to retire was hard in one way but easy in another. He never got back to his old ridden self after 7 weeks off during the first lockdown and after 15 years, he owes me absolutely nothing
Re9GKZo.jpg

I stopped sharing this one officially. He will always be part of my life as his owner is my best friend and we look after all the boys between us. I miss riding him, he was a horse of a lifetime in that sense and gave me so much confidence but I'm so happy he's still there for cuddles.
wtsbiWV.jpg

...and this special one arrived on August 1st. So much for the no more greys rule:rolleyes:. We've done some fun rides and some clinics but we're taking it slowly. He's been a star so far and really isn't as twp as this first photo suggests :D.
yLW40Ob.jpg

gIlrtcS.jpg

t0NsYfg.jpg

I'm not making any plans for 2021 as I'm fed up of making them only to have them scuppered. The only thing I'm planning is to have fun no matter what, oh and to lose another stone. 3 down 1 to go!

Last edited:

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
I'm on my laptop so will have to log back on on my phone so I can attach photos but what a year despite covid's best efforts!

Rosie has come on leaps and bounds with her flat work and my confidence is through the roof. I've done maybe 10 jumping competitions at 55cm this year (I was terrified of 20cm this time last year) and I've schooled up to 70/80cm at home. Got my first jumping ribbon (dressage still eludes us but we are getting there). Started hacking on my own!!! Did a camp, went xc for the first time and did my first hunter trial.

Goals for 2021 are to take Rosie hunting or at least hound exercise, she's done it before but I haven't so hopefully I can find someone that can babysit me. I'd also like to finally get that coveted dressage ribbon!!! And just continue to enjoy riding her and improving us both! Maybe try a 60cm or 70cm round. Or maybe even a baby ODE!

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Only goal so far is to be able to breath without it hurting...

I guess I'd quite like Skylla to event too, once I can breath again!
I think it's the awful cold but have a sinking feeling it might be a chest infection, I've never had a cough like it! Hurts to breath, my whole body hurts, woke up with kidney pain and literally can't get the horses to the field without needing to stop and/or cough my lungs up :(.

Cantering without bronc'ing is an excellent goal! I shall join you in a tentative booking of a BE80 next year too, where about's do you think you will go, we could go to our first together lol!
Do not tell me this lasts for two weeks :eek::eek::eek::eek: I am dying and it's only been four days :oops:.

I was Manchester but North Wales now, but for eventing I think that still makes us neighbours lol! Stafford is suppose to be a super kind first event, my yard owner has also informed me I could do: Cholmondeley Castle, Berriewood and Llanymynech which are welsh ones I think.

I still need to get my box fixed, though I think I'm going to take my trailer test for next year and trade it in for a trailer now I have big car...

Well these were relevant as it turned out and I can now breathe without it hurting :p.

We did manage a couple of BE80's but not very successfully so the end of this season has been spent re-boosting our confidence ready to try again next year!

I did also manage to get my towing license and trailer, just need the two bar fitting now!

116291792_1367494383436418_7151334554021059126_o.jpg

116343826_1367494376769752_6944791311928967077_o.jpg

palo1

Visit site
Gosh I don't think I set any goals really last year though I had in mind to get my newly started mare back in and do a little with her. She has definately exceeded expectations bless her and we finished her working year being able to do tiddly jumps and working basically at prelim. Some bits are still very basic but other things (she likes sideways stuff) are much better than anticipated!! I had hoped to try one Intro test with her - for the experience of going to a proper venue with music, flowers, other horses etc but Covid put paid to that. Never mind about that though. I had also hoped to introduce her to hounds and an hour or two of autumn hunting - again Covid put that in the bin. But she is lovely - she has done enough and I couldn't be happier with her progress. She is quite different to the others I have started of course and I am sort of excited about what may be possible with her. There is no hurry though and no specific goal so we are still at the point where I am finding out what she likes and what she is good at.

I did find a lovely trainer to help whilst I work up to some more expensive clinics and 1-1 sessions and that is hugely helpful and lovely for me. I miss my lessons now that my mare is turned away but Covid and winter generally mean that there is not much point keeping going with such a young horse.

My older horse has been a bit of a challenge in all honesty - he seems to just get stronger, faster and more opinionated but he has had a good year of soundness and health which is lovely. He is a naughty boy really - terribly obliging in any lesson or 'formal' setting and a bit of hooligan on any 'fun' outings!! My trainer never believes that he is naughty or slightly wild but I am very used to him and feel immensely lucky to own and ride such a fast and athletic beast lol!!

Away from horses it has been a hugely difficult year - the back of which I can't wait to see, but only on the condition that 2021 is genuinely more helpful, less antagonised, more kindly than 2020 has been. I am lying low, being careful till we have seen the solstice out and can wave goodbye to the year...

Attachments

• IMG_20201201_084628 (2) (1).jpg
    IMG_20201201_084628 (2) (1).jpg
    967.7 KB · Views: 3

BBP

Visit site
2032E50D-330B-4052-8B78-978EB8396815.jpegFor me 2020 is pretty sad as it’s been the end of my ridden adventures with BBP, which means the end of riding full stop for me, as I don’t have time or money for another, or desire really. There is no other horse I want to ride and having years of a horse that isn’t quite right has sucked the joy out of riding for me. For right now I’m just happy he’s still with me and hoping I can keep it that way til he’s a bonkers old man. I guess my only 2021 plans are to hope I get to keep being a slave to the bonkers black pony and that I can keep him well enough.
AEDA47A5-E080-4D19-9632-5FDCEE846B54.jpeg45F09033-EB04-41EF-965C-684A41D8ED51.jpeg1D54D747-6989-42FD-BB88-C01FCE2843BE.jpeg471075A7-82C2-4019-B319-DE0901F703D4.jpeg3E71133A-BD4F-4C40-A3DD-A1245C9C7A9D.jpeg9818E083-64FF-4102-BBCB-F529B9E3BEF0.jpeg

BallyRoanBaubles

Visit site
Such lovely photos ?love reading about how everyone’s year has been!

I finally completed on the sale and purchase of my house in February this year. Which meant I was able to get my own dog. After lots of research I settled on a Labrador, Zazu was born in April, and I brought him home in June. He is such a delight and he makes me smile everyday. I would be totally lost without him.

Later in the year my poor Bobby’s lameness progressed and it was early retirement for him. Which actually was the best outcome as it looked likely he would need to be PTS at one point ?

I then decided on a Fell as my next pony, thanks to the replies on my thread ?again lots of searching, attending my first auction, and finally finding one. 4 yo unbroken Hector came home last month. He is a delight so far and taken to backing with ease.

Plans for next year are hopefully get Hector out to a show, probably in hand depending how we get on, possibly an intro dressage test at a local venue. Continue training Zazu with the gun dog trainer and see how we get on. And above all have fun!!

This year has been crappy in a lot of ways but writing it down shows how much good stuff has happened too.

Attachments

• 7556DA72-F175-4F47-898C-AE09C54A248B.jpeg
    7556DA72-F175-4F47-898C-AE09C54A248B.jpeg
    262.1 KB · Views: 6
  • BD0F8609-42C8-419D-A5F2-9A0A27AB75D0.jpeg
    BD0F8609-42C8-419D-A5F2-9A0A27AB75D0.jpeg
    402.9 KB · Views: 7
  • D3FEE593-44ED-42C3-BA0F-933456B97EAA.jpeg
    D3FEE593-44ED-42C3-BA0F-933456B97EAA.jpeg
    114.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 74EE0704-1ECC-4179-A272-58B0EAD328E6.jpeg
    74EE0704-1ECC-4179-A272-58B0EAD328E6.jpeg
    120.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 92994CE6-DDA2-4883-8FAC-E185BFD44057.jpeg
    92994CE6-DDA2-4883-8FAC-E185BFD44057.jpeg
    98.6 KB · Views: 8

HashRouge

Visit site
I don't normally do these because I haven't had a ridden horse of my own for some time (have just been sharing). But I'm so committed to my current share horse and I've ummed and aahhed about buying him (as some posters know). So I would like to finally get him a new saddle, which was booked in for last Saturday till the fitter had to cancel due to suspected Covid! And I want to continue enjoying our hacks, which bring such joy to me at the moment. And I'd like to venture further afield with him if I can - we have the South Downs on our doorstep but I'm quite nervous about taking him up there as the access tracks are so steep and he can be a silly bugger when he wants! But it's something to aim for and once we're up there we could go for hours!

And I want to keep my two retirees happy and healthy. They're great big expensive time wasters but I do utterly adore them. It gives me such great joy to see them looking so well and charging around like lunatics (even if I do despair a bit for the state of my field!).

scats

Visit site
I’ve actually had a great horsey year! I spent the first half of the year just hacking and playing about really. Lockdown definitely allowed me to just enjoy my girls with no pressure.

Then once things started up again, I was out and about every weekend at either dressage or on a farm ride. I had so much fun just galloping about the countryside and popping the odd little log. Then I started training with my new trainer, who was very complimentary about Millie and made me realise that she’s far more capable than I give her credit for.
We’ve ended the year quietly. I started my business this year and things have been absolutely mental over the last couple of months so I just haven’t had any time to do anything with the horses for the last 5 or so weeks. No doubt we’ll be back up and running again soon and looking forward to 2021!

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
In June I wrote:

"I'd like to be able to canter again, trot work without stirrups, have a lunge lesson and a simulator lesson (never done those two before), and go on a hack.

I also wanted to do a Challenge Award or similar as my longer term goal would be to look into sharing a horse but not sure how much of this side of things is going to be possible with Covid restrictions in place. I think the new riding school I'm going to has riding club things you can do without your own horse so maybe there might be more goals there (prelim dressage test maybe?) but again depends on what events are allowed."

I've still not had the lunge or simulator lesson. But I've done lots and lots of cantering, and some trotting without stirrups. I started sharing a horse in August and I am learning so much! I've started hacking out by myself and doing little bits in the school. I'm learning how to handle a clever, cheeky NF who sometimes makes me want to cry with frustration but most of the time makes me smile and doesn't let me down when we're out and about.

For 2021... maybe could be the year I get my own? I'm not sure, I have some money from losing my dad this year and I really do think I would like to put it towards a horse. I probably need to save up a bit more to have a decent budget for a good first horse.

Massive long term goal aside, I want to keep working on hacking out by myself and making the loops we do bigger. Maybe we'll get to go to a clinic or a fun ride or something - a totally new experience for me. Share horse doesn't particularly love flat work but if we do pole work with it he seems to enjoy himself so with a compromise maybe we can work towards a dressage test. *whispers* maybe we'll jump something...maybe...

I also keep saying I'll book a schoolmaster lesson so definitely want to do that. And more hacking/lessons with my partner :)

GinaGeo

Visit site
I’d kind of written this year off as having achieved nothing. But looking back it hasn’t been as unproductive as I thought.

This time last year Mickey was off work with a Check Ligament injury and without exercise his Insulin Resistance was getting really difficult to manage. We have got him back into work, he’s going great guns and before lockdown started back up again we were having a great time out with the Bloodhounds and he helped me realise a secret dream to hunt on the wonk.

4E0FD8C3-EF1F-4EF2-A20C-CFAC6671B431.jpeg

Solo was supposed to be stepping up to the Intermediate Champs at the Side Saddle Nationals this year - that goal will be rolling over! We haven’t been out competing at all this year, but we did debut at Medium, albeit online. I’ve also had a chance to get his shoes off, and focus on strengthening up his frogs and digital cushions after I’ve had a bit of a question mark over one for awhile. He’s back to feeling his marvellous self - so pleased to have taken that dive.

And baby Pod has been properly backed and ridden away. He’s been out to some dressage, done lots of hacking and done some baby jumping. I’d just like to keep moving in the right direction with him. It’d be nice to get him out to some baby jumping comps and to some more dressage.

I really just want to keep them sound and happy in 2021 ?

ihatework

Visit site
Good year here, horse wise.

Covid has been a blessing for the 4yo, no pressure to do anything much with him so he has just been quietly educated and really has read the rule book, can’t have asked for much more. He will probably start competing next year. I’m thinking the most likely outcome for him will be to try and long term loan/partner him with a talented junior/YR once he has a bit more experience.

The big fella didn’t get to compete early season for obvious ‘C’ word reasons, which is a bit sad. But sold to an amazing home and has been out strutting his stuff very successfully which has made me really proud ❤️ I’m hoping very much to watch him storm the U18 scene next year from afar.

Last year I was planning on downsizing. This year I decided it was in my blood and I still needed a pony around so set out to buy a young filly with a view to breed in future. I managed to come back with 2 ??? Their plans next year are to stay healthy and happy. Although I’m hoping that some stallion shows go ahead so I can do some daddy shopping

Abi90

Visit site
Beginning of the year Rosie was broken and I didn’t know why. Then turned out she has ringbone and the vet was very pessimistic. She’s been back in work for 9 months on no medication and is still totally sound. The bucking actually turned out to be her saddle.

But I decided she needed some longevity and put her in foal. She didn’t want to play ball on that one either and took 3 attempts.

Brought her back into work and did our first every cross country and competed in our first ever 90cm and jumping 1m at home, and she’s still sound. And won our first ever Red rosette!

She’s now on mat leave and 2021 plans are mainly to have the foal and play with foal!

C5C74735-718E-49B9-BC85-0BA46830F880.jpeg3F001C17-DBA4-4775-BA29-2EF3A0893AE9.jpegF5E7878B-2BAE-4D77-9EB2-79103C2CB73C.jpegDE151465-E2FA-4364-BD2A-63FDD685A358.jpeg30F3B158-5564-493E-B65D-C667539EC1A8.jpeg

smolmaus

Visit site
This time last year I had just passed my driving test (age 30!) and was all plans, no productivity!

First thing I did was book riding lessons after not being near a horse for 5 years. Second lesson was pony club games it was so close to Christmas! I'm finally feeling like I remember which end of the horse is which. Hoped it would come back to me faster but the brain at 30 is not the brain at 25 and its only upwards from here.

Started volunteering with rescue horses on the weekends, gone from "am I definitely picking up this poop right???" to doing all sorts of jobs. Made approximately 40 horsey friends, fallen head over heels for a couple of them and learned more in the space of 10 months than I'd have ever hoped. Also made some human friends too!

Away from horses, I bought my first house, and welcomed two cats into it as well, which has been a dream forever.
c4fSn5Zl.jpg

Apart from the world being on fire and a flood/ ceiling collapse in said new house the day after we moved in, its been a good year!

2021 might be the year I actually buy my first pony. Let's just say it will. There's still a part of me hoping that some day the perfect little pony turns up at the sanctuary needing a person and its like a Horse Girl Movie (TM) but as I say, I've learned a lot this year ?

Bernster

Visit site
Sound and happy horses is def the priority!

I kept my aims low for this year which was handy given how it turned out although that was mainly due to flipping COVID. i did get back my jumping confidence and was enjoying it, even ended up doing a decent sized hedge on a hedge hopping clinic. Although I did go splat afterwards as mucked up the landing! But had a set back investigating some issues with finnegan which turned out to be his melanoma, which is a bummer, and not a great prognosis for the future, but he’s ok and back working now.

And rather unexpectedly, have a lovely new mare on loan to play with and enjoy. Early days but she’s very sweet and I’m enjoying getting to know her.

So I now have 3 horses, with the 3rd enjoying her semi retirement with the awesome Aus!
B200872D-DCF4-45F1-B3ED-319C044F8350.jpeg0BFB2AA8-9042-4290-9CE5-D2C137B3948B.jpeg

Pinkvboots

Visit site
my 2020 review is peaks and troughs of disappointment and frustration, same old same old haha, but we did welcome Hera to our little herd and that was a massive highlight this year.

Ridden ones moved house, so in theory should be going great guns, but Darcy retired after my niggling concerns were confirmed by a vet and Kira is off games currently with glandular ulcers so... maybe next year will be better :rolleyes:

So I'm not making any plans really, i'd like her to pick up where she left off with a smile on her face and perhaps we will finally crack the passage and then we will be aiming extremely high ;)

Newbie baby pony may do something next year, may not, will depend on whether he's ready to start learning or not.

He and Hera will go and live with her aunties at some point

Until then... it's just a case of trying to keep them alive and waiting for better times ;)

119526190_3633892066622277_789829678017775665_o.jpg

Oh well you bred your self a good circus pony and her mum's expression is priceless! It's like really!

McFluff

Visit site
Horse-wise, it’s actually been a good year. With hindsight I’ve benefitted from a quiet year as it’s let me bond and get to know my boy. He’s simply fab, and I’m loving learning how to ride and train him. We’re learning together.
We’ve got out hacking a few times, less than I’d hoped, but he’s been fab.
Managed some BD competition but still at prelim. We did do a novice test clinic, and really hope to move up next year.
Next year I just want to carry on having fun and learning with my horse.

oldie48

Visit site
It's been such a strange off/on year. It started off well and I managed to get Rose to our first ever showing show, where we did really well then lock down came and I took her off work for 10 weeks. I got her brought back into work for me and started to think about getting out to compete and then I was ill and unable to ride. It's been a bit like 2019 when I had injuries and then a mystery illness (almost certainly the start of what I have now) that stopped me riding for quite a long time. The decision to find a sharer has turned out brilliantly as has the move to FT livery and the good news is I am due to go into hospital next week, hopefully I'll be able to start riding in the New year but this year has made me think seriously about the future. Rose has qualified for the regionals at elementary in 2 outings and is out at medium at the weekend. I am really enjoying watching her develop but she's not an easy ride, I'm 72 in a couple of weeks so I am beginning to think I may just hack and school and let my sharer continue to do the competing (if she'd like to) whilst I have the pleasure of watching. Not entirely decided but I am going to keep her on FT livery where there's a lovely indoor school and quieter hacking. Pic is of Rose at the show in the RC class, she was rather naughty in the warm up but behaved well once in the indoor.Rose Strourport Riding horse Class March 20.jpeg

Splash2310

Visit site
I don’t have any goals to look back on, as I don’t think I was on this site last year! Getting involved and reading and contributing to posts has been one of the highlights of my year. COVID and being on furlough has really reinvigorated my love of the sport and all things horsey.

This time last year I had just gotten out of the wrong share for me, which in hindsight really did knock my confidence. I took a short break from riding, and was dealing with all things election, and then in late Jan found my now share horse.

He has done absolute wonders for my confidence, and really has reminded me why I ride - for the fun of it! His owners have been fantastically supportive, allowing me to do anything and everything on him, and I started sharing him another day a week during lockdown.

Now we are solidly jumping 1.10m fences at home. Goals for the future are to get out to a couple of course hires, but really just to continuing enjoying to ride.

I also have been invited by a friend to jump her horse this weekend, which I’m super excited about - so if all goes well hopefully that might lead to some informal riding too!

iknowmyvalue

Visit site
2020 has been an odd year, started off the year with Henry part way through 5+ months box rest with a hairline fracture in his pastern. Started hand walking in March (still on box rest), went out in a tiny pen for the first time in April, was an absolute gent throughout. Happy to say he’s now back in full work, sound as a pound and holding up to jumping and hunting! We’ve not done a huge amount in the way of competing, but we did manage one ODE! (And didn’t even get eliminated!!)

I also survived my first year as a real adult with a full time job, despite losing my first job at the start COVID due to the business folding... moved Henry up to join me in July and it’s been hard work but so worth it. I always said I wouldn’t take my work home with me, but somehow acquired a kitten a few weeks back, whoops...

Hoping 2021 will be better in terms of getting out and about, and maybe we will finally attain the dream of making it through the SJ of a BE80 without being eliminated?!
59144D22-0D56-4AAE-9B2F-EB127815090D.jpeg42AF2F6C-1BB3-4DFD-B209-7B709F3E8B3C.jpegE5432723-F859-486E-AE1B-5BCF12E84D36.jpeg