2024 Foals

Asha

Visit site
I know it’s early and a lot of us still don’t have 2023 foals on the ground . But I’m feeling a little excited as I’ve just dropped Aria at the vets to hopefully get covered. I expected her to be ready to go as I. Noted when she was last in season , but nothing really brewing at the minute.
She’s surrounded by mares with foals at foot , so hoping that helps !
Will be using a Connie stallion this time on her to try and reduce the height .
The other 2 mares are yet to foal , so will see what they throw before we make any decisions
What’s everyone else’s plans ?

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
How exciting! Good luck. Amber is not due till August so no foal plans for 2024. And have not really thought beyond that yet.

Asha

Visit site
How exciting! Good luck. Amber is not due till August so no foal plans for 2024. And have not really thought beyond that yet.

i was thinking about you the other day. I saw Legrande at the stallion show, ive never really looked at him before, but my goodness he was fabulous. So excited to see what Amber throws
My 'gelded' jack donkey (as it says in his passport) who is entire, Is running with my 2 Jennie's..until autumn. The flies are too bad to castrate now aren't they. That's what I told my OH...😉
Yep, flies are awful just dont do it yet :). We need donkey foals on HHO !

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
i was thinking about you the other day. I saw Legrande at the stallion show, ive never really looked at him before, but my goodness he was fabulous. So excited to see what Amber throws
He is pretty special isn't he! The question is will I be able to ride one side of the foal.....

Asha

Visit site
Aria has finally come into season, was going slowly then all of sudden shes nearly ready. Collecting semen from twemlows tomorrow and dropping off at the vets.
Her behaviour this time has been a bit weird, whilst shes been at the vets shes tried to throw herself through the fence. This happened a couple of months ago at home, i assumed she had got caught in her rug and fell into the fence ( wiped out 3 lengths of post and rail ) . But having done it again im assuming her hormones are raging. Shes fine, but is now being stabled for her own safety. anyone elses mare get like this ? She was never like this before she had foals, maybe shes extra broody ?

Asha

Visit site
Daisy was covered on 8th June, so just waiting on news of confirmation on a scan. 🤞
Same stallion as last time, as it seems to be a good match. This one will be up for sale if all goes well.
Exciting! Good luck with the scan hope you get the blob
We’ve just decided to do a repeat of this years foal too . Will be dropping mare and foal off at the vets Monday
ETA .. forgot to update . Aria was scanned the other week and we have a heartbeat 👍