22 year old - £200?? Market Drayton

JenJ

Visit site
Grr. My boy is being taken to the hunt on Wednesday. I turned down £900 cash for someone buying him (to then be sent through sales) in favour of me paying for him to have a guaranteed end.

Why do they want anything more from him? Is it really worth gaining £200 in return for an uncertain future for him?

team barney

Visit site
Poor boy he looks a lot older than 22yrs, I hope he finds a nice home and someone to treasure him like he deserves.

It is unkind to sell an old horse and I would never do it, but I actually don't think his future once sold is that much more uncertain than any other horse. Once they are in the big wide world anything can happen regardless of age, I've seen plenty of horses in their prime end up in dreadful circumstances.

muddygreymare

Visit site
Poor boy. He deserves either a happy retirement as FoxRidgeFarm said, or a dignified end instead of having to go through the stress of a new owner and/or being passed around or going through sales which would probably be likely because he's so cheap. Poor horse :(

wallykissmas

Visit site
I can see the pics but an not a friend of friend.

Its sad that he's being sold but if he can still take someone out on a hack a few times a week or still do a local low level dressage test then all he needs is a little more tlc at his age.

Maybe they have priced to sell and hope that someone wouldnt just give him to the next person for free, if something costs you nothing then you lose nothing to give it away........

He looks a sweet boy who could do with a nice rug, lots of hay and a walk round the block at w,ends.

MizzPurpleKitten

Visit site
Poor lad looks far older than his 22 years......My older lad is 21, he looks a damn sight better than that and he isn't in tip top condition at the moment due to one reason and another (he lost a lot of muscle throughout summer when his workload was temporarily reduced due to my working hours increasing for a few weeks, he's also lost a bit of weight so I'm increasing his calorie intake). I agree with those who have said he shouldn't be passed on though.....although I 'acquired' my big lad at 19 (and in poor condition but very well loved by his previous owner), knowing the world as it is I'd never sell a veteran on to an uncertain future.

Dancing Queen

Visit site
I cant see it

£200 is a very small amount of money, my 22 yr old was still in (light) work, no need to send him to the knackers!!

Need to see the link before i can think about it further (dont use facebook - work of the devil!)

cassie summers

Visit site
sorry but bloody discrace have him PTS if you cant keep him anymore at least he will have a certain end rather than spend the rest of his life being passed around for the sake of 200.00 grrrrr

FionaM12

Visit site
I do use facebook, but neither of those links take you to a 22 year old as far as I can see. Maybe it's been removed?

CalllyH

Visit site
The links just worked for me. Thats really sad. Has anyone messaged the owner or got in touch with a charity?

He looks very old and very sad also

indie999

Visit site
I just dont know how people discard animals they have no use for anymore.

I realise how lucky all of our old boys & girls have been we take the view they did us a good service and I still enjoy looking after my old boy and just couldnt run the risk of him getting into the wrong hands. Anyhow he would make a brilliant companion and that is his job until I ever find another.

Shameful. Everyone should visit a horse sale and see what can happen....I thought I was worldly wise but its medieval! Out of sight out of mind!

PTS would be a lot kinder.