28th unaff sj at cobham manor

Frazer

Visit site
Anyone going to the unaffilted show jumping at cobham manor on the 28th, just worked it out and im off there! Not sure on classes yet though, probably the 65 and 75cm depending on how she goes!! No-one probably knows what they are doing yet on that weekend, but thought id have a look?

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
I doubt we will be allowed as we are off to Denne Hill XC on the Sunday and OH won't take us out 2 days in a row. Plus Saturday is lesson day for us.

Have fun though!
Jo.

Frazer

Visit site
Sal_E, the main thing im worried at is she doesn't have a constant outline, she will go into an outline stay there for half the school, then shake her head about and have to settle her again! Does this matter in dressage tests? Obviously very novice at dressage! Jumping my thing!

Sal_E

Visit site
Well, you wouldn't want to do an affiliated elementary like that, obviously! BUT, in prelim unaff, I'd say give it a go, read your test sheet & take it from there - if you think your marks are terrible (unlikely) then you may want to put it on the back-burner for a few months. Maybe you should try one of the new ones (p13 & 14) as there's lots of variety so you're not just going round & round like some of them.

Do you know what's causing the head-shaking?

Frazer

Visit site
Will look into it, at new yard in hucking there's mainly all dressage people, so will ask them and see what they think best!

Its nothing wrong with her physically, I think its either the bit (jointed at the moment, mullen on the way) or lack of muscle! She is slowly getting better. She doesn't head shake as much but more just comes off the outline and looks like a giffare, then trying to get her into an outline causes shaking.. in jumping this doesn't matter so haven't really had to worry to much

Sal_E

Visit site
Could well be a muscle thing - try lots of breaks & allowing a good stretch. Did you try the exercises in the other post (about changing bits wasn't it?)

Frazer

Visit site
Yep, thanks they helped to an extent! Worked first couple of times thens he just ignored my seat aid all the way round, but still working on that! Hoping she is ok for jumping, as she been rearing a bit lately

Frazer

Visit site
No, no teeth problems! The rearing is just because she is unsettled at the new yard, and because she isn't getting her own way anymore. She is getting better over time. Trying to find a bloody 6 inch mullen mouth dutch gag cant find one anywere