2nd clip already

eggs

Visit site
With this crazy weather we've just spent today giving the horses their SECOND full clip of the season already. Blades being sent off tomorrow for sharpening and it is still only mid October.

I don't think we'd even started clipping this time last year.

Moya_999

Visit site
With this crazy weather we've just spent today giving the horses their SECOND full clip of the season already. Blades being sent off tomorrow for sharpening and it is still only mid October.

I don't think we'd even started clipping this time last year.

Wow I have not done my first clip yet.

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
I gave nell a small apron clip 2 weeks ago and yesterday took off a bit more as she has been getting too sweaty and I could not believe how much it had grown back in those two weeks

Ali27

Visit site
Mine had chaser clip with whole neck off, three weeks ago and it has grown back already so is without a rug at the moment! I need to full clip her (but leave legs on) this next week and she can have her 100g turnout back on!

Auslander

Visit site
I wouldn't expect NOT to have to clip again every couple of weeks at this time of year. They're still trying to grow a winter coat, so the clip will grow out fast. Nothing against clipping whenever its needed, but if I clip before the coat is properly through, I expect to re-do the horse every two weeks until November/December.

twiggy2

Visit site
I wouldn't expect NOT to have to clip again every couple of weeks at this time of year. They're still trying to grow a winter coat, so the clip will grow out fast. Nothing against clipping whenever its needed, but if I clip before the coat is properly through, I expect to re-do the horse every two weeks until November/December.

I agree

MissTyc

Visit site
I'm trying to hold out - although they are sweating (fully clipped), their coats are nothing like the unclipped horses and it's still warm enough to sponge off ... Desperately trying to resist until mid-end November, as which point I'll have a better idea how much riding this winter will see me doing. Also, I prefer clipping slightly longer hair as I find the fuzz goes EVERYWHERE. They are definitely ruddy fuzzy though!

Ditchjumper2

Visit site
Ours all had full clips and are out 24/7 is lightwaeight rugs as it is still so warm. all are hunting so needed doing. Will all be done again ready for opening meet.

meesha

Visit site
I can beat that I am on the third, did blanket with bum left on then couple weeks later had to do it again then couple days ago did full clip. He was out today un rugged as 19 degrees and is only in lightweight with neck at night (last night dropped to lows of 14!). What's even better is that the grass is growing like stink, have a feeling we may get a sudden change to v cold soon though as the weather always seems to even itself out! Here's hoping for a dry crisp winter!

Kikke

Visit site
yup, second clip in 3 weeks in needed, poor boy was sweating lots today bless, I think when he'll hear/see the clippers he'll do a happy dance!

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
I did my 3rd clip last week... had to clip for hunter trials and team chasing as he grows a really thick coat! (ISH with coat of a gypsy cob) tried to leave it as long as possible but he was sweating just hacking so had to do my 3rd full clip. if he is hunting within the next month no doubt he will need a 4th clip :( and I don't clip if I can avoid it! I hate it.

GinaGeo

Visit site
Mine's just had his second, and I've been out eeking it out as been out cubbing instead of hound exercise, so more standing around - would usually have clipped three times by now. Am expecting to have to do him again before the opening meet in a fortnight.