2nd comp on Sam- fell off and eliminated lol (had great fun though!)

LauraBR

Visit site
Second ever comp on Sam! Indoor hunter trial whch ended up outdoors in a lovely big outdoor arena.

Very nice little 75cm course, 15 moveable xc fences.

Had him in for the clear round to let him see half the jumps before the 'real thing'. True to form he jumped half beautifully and refused/ran out at the rest. Managed to get him over the first part of a double just from an almost standstill so was unbalanced when he darted left at the send part- went flying lol! BUT... VERY NEARLY fell on my feet... but didn't.
grin.gif

Actual round went loads better, got him over everything 1st time bar that double (only one stop though) but then got eliminated for three stops at a corner thing- they had penned in a corner with white barrels so you jumped in and jumped out- Sam was having NONE of it. Nevermind, let us pop one before we left and he jumped it really nicely so came away on a good note.

Despite on paper it should have been a rubbish day what with falling AND getting eliminated I had such a good time
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
I was really pleased with him and pleased with me too- getting much better at making him jump out of walk/standstill when needed rather than letting him stop, and not getting jumped off when he springboks it
grin.gif

Got another jumping lesson on Weds before SJ next weekend, hope to sort myself out to help stop all this running out
laugh.gif

Few pics of him chilling before we set off... for those that remember what he looked like when I first got him, hasn't he changed shape!
grin.gif

BeforeSJHT011.jpg

BeforeSJHT006.jpg

BeforeSJHT005.jpg

rema

Visit site
Wow he is looking super.Sounds like you had some good fun today.You wouldent like to swop your very neat fine coated horse for a rather scruffy very hairy woolly mamouth would you???.
grin.gif

LauraBR

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Well as long as you have fun, that is the most important thing!

[/ QUOTE ]

You see, that's kind of my philosophy
smile.gif
and we went today with a 'no pressure' attitude as I get v v nervous and I'm so glad we did have loads of fun.

We are getting there slowly... honestly think we will be flying round bigger xc by the end of the winter, will just take a bit of hard work and probably more falling off!

LauraBR

Visit site
Thanks vicijp, in theory next weekend should be a breeze in comparison- he's obviously SJ'd before, never bats an eyelid no matter the jump, fillers etc... it's xc jumps that he seems to worry about.

LauraBR

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
You wouldent like to swop your very neat fine coated horse for a rather scruffy very hairy woolly mamouth would you???.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Rema, you know how much I love your boy! Don't tempt me!

Seriously though, you know as little time ago as a few weeks I would have swapped (
blush.gif
shocked.gif
!) but realising that now I'm rather attached to the orange one, we seem to have clicked loads more in the last few weeks
laugh.gif

vivhewe

Visit site
Glad you had a fab day hun! I have to admit my best days competing are the ones where you feel you've got somewhere. It's not the rosettes that matter but it's the fun! Sounds like you had plenty of fun today
smile.gif

LauraBR

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
It's not the rosettes that matter but it's the fun! Sounds like you had plenty of fun today
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Right now it's the 'staying on' that matters... gosh, can't even imagine travelling to a comp worrying about placings... ooh how good will that be!!!!
wink.gif

truffles

Visit site
God I wish I had your attitude lzt! It sounds like you had a great day - that's what it's all about after all ay!?!
smile.gif

He is looking great - that 2nd picture is INCREDIBLE! Really amazing IMO!

Tia

Visit site
So long as you didn't hurt yourself and it sounds like you had a blast then that's wonderful!!

He's a really good looking horsey by the way.
smile.gif

LauraBR

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I love Sam's face - he looks so honest
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm... he's a bit of an enigma lol! One day he's a lazy sod next he's fly bucking and p!ssing off with no brakes lol! Never the same twice.... ever.

He can be VERY good and VERY bad
crazy.gif
lol!

Good job Fal taught me rodeo pmsl....
grin.gif

4whitesocks

Visit site
He looks fab - totally fab - and sounds like you had a brilliant day (for your second time out - we have had those days too believe me!)

Onwards and upwards!!