2nd Novice dressage outing for my little black cob.

Three

Visit site
So Dom had his second go at Novice affiliated dressage today.

The day started on a high when he loaded first time, straight away with no hesitation!!
shocked.gif
I nearly got him back off again to reward him as it is a 'first time ever' moment.
wink.gif

However, horrid me made him go and play at two Novice tests at Hunters.

First test was indoors and he decided the strip of sunlight under the door was a snake that was going to lunge at him! He was a bit tense throughout but came 3rd (in the restricted section) with 62.4%
smile.gif

Second test was outdoors. Sadly the sun came out (he's a photosensitive headshaker so that's not good for him
crazy.gif
) but he managed a lovely test and got an 8 for his medium trot!!
shocked.gif
smile.gif
netting him 63.84% and a 4th place.

So, all in all I'm very proud of my little cob, especially as there were some extremely nice horses out to play today.

A few blurry pics.

DSC02407-1.jpg

DSC02405-1.jpg

DSC02410-1.jpg

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Fantastic, what great results and lovely photos! I wish my cob had an extension like that (I’m doing Novice), he finds it so hard, now collection that’s a different matter, he can bounce on the spot.
grin.gif
grin.gif

Three

Visit site
Thanks everyone.

JoBo - extension is one of his strengths but he gets so tense it doesn't always 'work' like it did today.
If you like I'll trade him for Bodey?
wink.gif

MysteryGirl - Mike's not so bad either.
tongue.gif
And does a far far better job of riding Dom than I do! Even though he is about 6'2" and Dom only just scrapes 15.1hh.

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
[ QUOTE ]
I'll trade him for Bodey?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell yes, I’ll even chuck in a Fjord for good measure! Bodey will never move like that, or be a true dressage ned, however hard I try.
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

BBs

Visit site
Sucha cool dude.
He was warming up when I was
smile.gif

Well done with your placings and WOW at 8 for his medium. I can only dream at those sort of scores for our mediums.

Where you going next?

Three

Visit site
Ah but Bodey is just lush.

Dom's never going to be a 'proper' dressage pony either - you should've seen the beautiful, big moving horses that were there today. However, he tries very very hard.
smile.gif

*Three wanders off wondering if she can fit a Fjord into the gang*

Three

Visit site
Thank you. He does try.
smile.gif

Not sure where next, probably nothing until July so possibly Hunters again or East Soley - both are close to home and run at weekends.

I shall say hello next time - if that's ok? I'm sure I'll recognise the lovely Winston again!

Lucy_Nottingham

Visit site
hes gorgeous!
Now, can I get the heavyweight cob I ride to move like that?! erm...... no! hehe but we like to pretend! (when no1 is watching.... or judging!)