3.5T horsebox conversion (Monza)

Walrus

Visit site
We are researching companies to convert a 3.5T horsebox, preferably in northern England. Looking at Monza leisure, does anyone have a box by them they wouldn't mind feeding back in by PM. Thanks. :)

Walrus

Visit site
Bloomfields are fab but unfortunately over my budget. There's so many companies out there it's a minefield!!

AmSJ85

New User
Visit site
Hi, I know this is an old thread and not relevant to OP now but I wanted to add a review of this company for anyone googling them!

Buyer Beware!!!

Monza Equestrian (nee Leisure / Ltd) as they are now - should not still be trading.

It is a pheonix company after Nathan Bolton / Helen Whale dissolved the company due to debts. He promises the world but is an absolute nightmare.

The box was promised as ready in 2 weeks - 2 months later it arrived. It had not been MOT’d, it had an ABS warning message as the brakes were defective, broken wing mirror, chipped windscreen, paid for extras missing. It was sent back - another 2 months later - only half the problems were fixed and paid for extras (internal tack lockers & luton mattress) not fitted. Within a week the brakes failed - binding on and therefore melted!!! I took it to my mechanic this time - Nathan promised to pay! Well over £3000 later and the box was fixed but now a disappearing act from Nathan. Months of chasing and eventually took him to small claims court - I won!! He now owed me near £5000. Sent in the bayliffs. All his businesses had disappeared from their known addresses and he dissolved the company. He is connected with c.5 companies that are dissolved on Company House. He has been bankrupt himself and so cannot be a company director so gets his partner to - Helen Whale. Monza Equestrian isn’t even registered on Company House.

I am not alone with my bad experiences. I know of them bolting through the fuel tank on one vehicle, supplying a vehicle without windscreen wipers, dodgy electrics, sink waste pipes not connected in the living. The list goes on.

2manyhorseshere

New User
Visit site
We have had 3 boxes built by Monza now and have been thrilled with every one of them. The build quality is excellent and with safety being my main priority I researched a lot before having our first box built, some companies out there are shocking! The only down side I would say to having one built is that the build time can be lengthy but ours were all definitely worth the wait. Excellent value for money and one of the best builds around for safety! :)

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Yes it's an old thread, Monza leisure were dissolved in March 2020 ( #6 HW?)

I think post 5 said that they have had several name changes and that Monza leisure was a previous one, which had gone out of business.

I think it is well worth posting, having been the victim (well, work was) of an arena company who used to slightly change their name and keep trading, whilst leaving a trail of debts to unsatisfied customers and employees. This is similar to what post 5 is saying.

Nowadays, I tend to look at the directors of the company and run them through the HMRC site, to see what other companies they have been involved with. I even did this when choosing a nursing home for my mum!

I don't know Monza as a brand BTW.

AmSJ85

New User
Visit site
Yes, neddy man - all the same company and he just changes the names around once he goes bust for owing too many people money. The current name he is using on Facebook is Monza Equestrian with the same logo as before but he hasn’t registered that with Companies House this time. Monza Ltd and Monza Leisure were listed but dissolved as is every other company he has been associated with.

The problems with my box when it arrived were shocking - After months of waiting it arrived as an MOT failure and with extras I had paid for missing!! It cost a fortune to put it all right.

2manyhorseshere

New User
Visit site
I'm really shocked to read this as we've had absolutely no issues at all and all our boxes have been so well built. Can I ask when you had yours built please? Our latest one was finished in Feb this year and he's also built 2 others for friends of mine on my recommendation also with no issues so I am wondering if perhaps things have changed since you had yours built?