3 year old final height

elumpshie

Visit site
My 3 year old 3/4 Tb 1/4 Clydesdale is currently standing 15.3 and was interested to see how everyone elses youngsters turned out height wise did they grow much more from 3 years old. I no every horse is different but be interesting to find out :) x

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
MIne hasn't grown much more from 3. Then again I have known some to have a spurt at five and end up an inch or two higher!

Exploding Chestnuts

Visit site
As long as they are bum high they can be expected to grow more and to end up wither high, it is rare [and undesirable] for any horse to end up bum high.
He will probably be slow to fill his frame, so he won't be mature for another two years.
They can have spurts of growth, make sure you feed a few minerals but don't let them get fat, you don't say if he is broken yet, but do not give a growing horse much work, better to leave them to mature in a field.

Last edited:

kassieg

Visit site
Mine now 16hh 6 year old was 15.1 at 3 in the winter of rising 4....she is half ID though so definitely took after their growing later she has only just really stopped properly :)

My 2 3 year olds, connie & an ish i am hoping will grow another 2 inches each which would be perfect for me! I came back from holiday & 1 of them has shot up but i haven't had the stick on her again yet

elumpshie

Visit site
Intresting reading all about the differences of them all thank you bonkers 2 she not backed yet leaving her till this time next year as a 4 yearold as I feel she not ready and I feel 3 bit early for them ( each to there own) will try get few pics on xx

Jojo_27

Visit site
My ID x Dutch is 9 and has only just stopped growing at a staggering 17.1hh with a chest you could fit a tank between! Feed them up and let them grow, they'll thank you in their older age when they have fewer joint/limb issues etc.

Charlie77

Visit site
I know my big lad was 15.1 @ 1&1/2 years ans I know he grew an inch between 3 & 5 he is 17.1 now. He is 3/4 tb and was always bum high and gangaly. Both parents were 16.1! His half sister who was tha mares first foal only scraped 16h
My current 3yo was 3 in may is 15.2 in front & just over 15.3 behind! Hoping he will scrape 16h mum was 15.2 dad 17.1 but he was a first foal. Hes out of a tb mare & swiss wb dad