357 days later my first foal - Stravinsky colt! - now with pics

Eventerchick

Visit site
So she kept us waiting but it has been worth the wait. We have a lovely colt by Stravinksy out of a Stormhill mare by Kremlin I evented to Intermediate.
The actual foaling was remarkably straightfoward, he was born bang over midnight. Up, suckling and meconium passed reasonably quickly thought it was too good to be true!
Unfortunatley that wasn't all the meconium and from the next morning for 36 hours the poor little boy was trying so hard to pass it. Many vets visits later and we finally got there but a far more streeful start to his life than I would have liked.
However he is now merrily cantering round field and stable and is doing great.
Seems to be pretty straight in his legs already, think looking at his legs and belly and some little grey hairs on his face that he will go grey - any thoughts? Mum is grey and dad is homozygous black.
Let see if I can get these pics up ...

Eventerchick

Visit site
how do I get photos to show straight up?
Russ.jpg

Russday3008.jpg

Russday3003.jpg

sallyf

Visit site
Congratulations glad all is well now they can be a worry cant they.
Its difficult to tell when they are this colour whether they will go grey or not but as a comparison this foal will grey out but all there is to show at the moment is a very few and i mean a few white hairs like one or two showing in her summer coat on her muzzle.
jasmine002.jpg