370 days and still waiting....

Mugsgame

Visit site
... but Today, we have wax! I am just hopeful that the wait is almost over, and that all goes well.

My poor lady is enormous, has been very uncomfortable for many days now and as just been (very) steadily progressing. You cannot imagine how grateful I am to have friends who are happy to help watch the cameras on night shifts! :D

cliodhna

Visit site
My God that is a test of endurance! Hopefully you wont be kept waiting for too much longer. Poor girl must be very uncomfortable. Good luck!

Bug2007

Visit site
Most of ours have been born with out us around, showing no signs at all gone home, come back a few hours later and there is a foal up and suckling.
Perfect.
Go out for an hour and don't have anyone watching come back and there will be one, it's magic.:D

Simsar

Visit site
After Bookers foal I will never leave a mare to foal alone again, not that we have but we wouldn't have a foal (RED BAG) if we had missed this one, I urge you all to keep watch. x

Mugsgame

Visit site
You are a hero! hopefuly not much longer, then you can have a lovely long sleep!:D

That would just be too prefect wouldnt it?!! Unfortunately, my next mare is now 325 days herself!! Horses... can't live with them...cant live without...!!!

Simsar - was your 375 day foal well? And well done with the red bag, btw!!! :D

Last edited:

Simsar

Visit site
That would just be too prefect wouldnt it?!! Unfortunately, my next mare is now 325 days herself!! Horses... can't live with them...cant live without...!!!

Simsar - was your 375 day foal well? And well done with the red bag, btw!!! :D

Foal was very well I don't know if you recall Miss Disko (Spoon) but it was her, the mare Starbars is 4 weeks over as we speak this time too. Anyway all was fine super mare super foal super birth 20 mins from start to finish, Spoon was a bit flat packed but has grown nicely.

As for the red bag well what can I say our vet was awesome.

keep us posted. x

Mugsgame

Visit site
Better make that 371!! (Looks around for some more matchsticks for the eyelids lol!) :D

Really uncomfortable from early evening yesterday - who knows!!! To be fair, she has gone a couple of weeks over in the past... so maybe this is just a couple of weeks over normal for her!!

Mugsgame

Visit site
Thank you for all your replies!! The waiting is now over - finally - on day 372!!!

A big chestnut filly popped out (I say popped, we redbagged :eek: ) at 10.30pm last night. Mum and daughter doing very well so far, lovely filly, but will take a bit of time to uncurl - as big as the mare looked, the young lady has still been pretty squashed up in there for a month longer than technically normal!!

Pics to follow! :D

cliodhna

Visit site
Many congrats!!! What a wait! I am on 350 days with my maiden mare and think my head will explode if she held on until 372 days :eek: Well done with the redbag, glad everything worked out for you and am looking forward to pictures of the baby!:)

Simsar

Visit site
Bloody well done on the dreaded RB, sleep well photo's as soon as please. Massive Congrats we know how scary it would have been. x

looks like we are going to beat our own 375 days!

Simsar

Visit site
Please remind me of the breeding (mare and foal).x

What makes it worse they are by my boy so the suspense is killing me, mind you our 3*** ISH mare Freda is due today, she is also due to him, so please some day soon need to sleep.