3am starts - Fitz's area festival report

madhector

www.darlingdressage.co.uk
Well, after leaping out of bed at 3am this morning and returning to the house at 8pm this evening, I am very glad to be home!

The longest day ever, with one very giddy Fitz in the warm up for the first test, ended up working him in for an hour as didnt think was ever going to get to the bottom of him, fortuently 10mins before my time he got tired and I could actually ride him, this was after a very near miss with a standing on back legs moment when I wondered what the hell I was doing on such a rediculously large creature. Once tired however he was super and really rideable, went in and didnt look at a thing, did a lovely test, with a few baby moments but some really grown up moments, in what was the trickiest test he has done to date. He stayed with me for the whole thing and got a massive hug at the end :)

Ended on 66.15% and 3rd :)

Just gave him 25mins for the area festival test as he was tired, and he was good but had a freak out going round before the bell went and nearly lost it, but managed to hold it together to pull of another lovely test with just a few green bits.

Came 9th with 65.95% :)

Very pleased with him as he really acted like a grown up for the first time in the actual tests and let me ride him, this is not the end goal for him, but quite fun to do on the way up.

Pics of my favourite beasty....

IMG_1344.jpg

543439_10151282040114740_449568010_n.jpg

311213_10151282040619740_728480924_n.jpg

Checking out his test...

IMG_1350.jpg

Thanks for reading :)

dressagecrazy

Visit site
Well done great result, I was in your class today also travelled a long way. Super venue but poor scoring.

Trouble I also met you today, you where talking to Jenny in the w-up, your boy is lovely,I was the one on the grey PRE.

j1ffy

Visit site
Euww, 3am start doesn't sound fun!! But he looks stunning and it sounds like you had a good (and educational ;)) day :D

Ferdinase514

Visit site
He's enormoooouse! Tacking him up he started to passage around me screaming "wooooman" and I handed him to MH and scuttled of in to the lorry to do *important* things like get gloves..... :eek: :eek: :p

Worried1

Visit site
Too scared to go on BD forum after I was attacked over the Speedgate post!

Clients waited all day, first test was 9.15, to find they were 11th! Disgusting! Booked day stable ehich they didn't use as flooded! Mr W said impressive set up though!

Ferdinase514

Visit site
Too scared to go on BD forum after I was attacked over the Speedgate post!

Clients waited all day, first test was 9.15, to find they were 11th! Disgusting! Booked day stable ehich they didn't use as flooded! Mr W said impressive set up though!

OMG! How annoying...

Yeh,it is nice, but there are loads of nice places that do manage to get the organisation right :rolleyes: tbh it all felt very RC championships rather than BD.

Prince33Sp4rkle

Visit site
well done :)

he is actually HUGE, saw you in warm up and looked to be concentrating really nicely by time we got in there,did some very smart shoulder in past me...... and i love his bridle!!!!!

Tempi

Visit site
Well done for staying on!! Sounds like you had an interesting warmup! At least he focused for his test, great results and hes looking fab as always.

Whats next for him?

bananas_22

Visit site
Well done and for surviving the warm up!! I often question why I am not still riding 12hh ponies anymore where I can just put my feet down for safety when the big brutes start playing up! :D Fitz looks absolutely stunning and super smart :)

madhector

www.darlingdressage.co.uk
Thanks everyone :)

Tempi- he is off out again next Sunday to hopefully get the last couple of points for the winters, then he will be working hard at home until next year, then plan to do the winter regionals, some elementaries and a few 6yr old classes :)