3rd lesson

GarethCollins

Visit site
Hi,

I didn’t get off to the best start here, but I am due to have my 3rd lesson tomorrow and the first since joining the site.

I’m not sure if all of the information on HHF has made things feel even more complex, or put my mind at ease. The former I suspect!

We are doing a lead rein learning walk and possibly a rising trot.

Really nervous and also have a bad cold that isn’t going to help!

rabatsa

Confuddled
Visit site
Enjoy.

Mr R started riding in his 40's, it took me 20 years to get him on a horse and then I could not get him off.

After his first couple of private lessons he went and joined the tots after school class, progressing through the ranks until he was with the 7pm canter/jump class. His advice is to forget that you are the oldest in a ride and learn as much as you can.

Visit site
Have a good lesson, remember to breathe (hard when you have a cold I know), as holding your breathe makes you tense.

Also, look straight ahead (through horses ears as a rough example), rather than down at your horse, as when you look down, it automatically makes you tip forward and be unbalanced.

Don’t forget to update us all!

View

Visit site
I’ll try. So much to remember, including smiling!

Have a good lesson, remember to breathe (hard when you have a cold I know), as holding your breathe makes you tense.

Also, look straight ahead (through horses ears as a rough example), rather than down at your horse, as when you look down, it automatically makes you tip forward and be unbalanced.

Don’t forget to update us all!

Breathing comes before smiling :)

You’ve had some excellent advice here, to which I will add don’t overthink things and don’t get disheartened if things Feel more difficult from one lesson to another. Progress is not linear upwards - trust me.

GarethCollins

Visit site
Thanks everyone. Unfortunately I’m now stuck in bed and have had to cancel. I’m not going to say it’s flu, but it could be as haven’t felt this bad for a long time. Hopefully I can sort a new slot in the morning.
?

GarethCollins

Visit site
OMG - it’s so boring being ill. The skies have cleared and I’d love to be going out for an evening walk now.
I don’t have a TV in my bedroom and it’s only at times like this I miss not having one!!!
very frustrating….