4.5T weekend lorry

sanjo

Visit site
Hi
Looking to purchase the above. Which lorry companies are considered to be the best of the best in terms of quality and safety?
So far I am hearing about Bloomfields and Alexander’s. Any others please?

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I looked at Equitrec, laughed and moved on. They didn't even take pride in the boxes at the factory!

I looked at Alexanders, fully intending to buy, but found that, although better than Equi Trec, the manufacturing was wanting. Things such as; they couldn't tell me the weight, the floor was in pieces, wooden, with pieces of rubber screwed down on top (so water could get in, but it was not easy to inspect. There was later some legal action for floors, and I don't think they actually manufacture new ones any more. They now seem to sell new Lehel or older boxes.

I looked at Boss but, although they looked better than Alexanders, they were a bit 'lightweight' for the horse I had at the time.

Bloomfields - loved the Professional as soon as I saw it. Solid, safe, clean. Breath of fresh air.

Whichever box you go for, I would avoid a breast bar, avoid a narrow back door (the fire brigade would agree with this!) and make sure the floor/safety cage for driver are substantial. Always weigh.

Bernster

Visit site
I’d probably go for Kevin Parker or Bloomfields. Bloomfields are more expensive but they build on a new chassis. I used Freddie Gover and he did a good job on my 4.5t it’s generally a very good build but the paint job isn’t 100% (he uses a contractor) and I wish I’d gone for a newer chassis.

tda

Visit site
Kevin Parker Horseboxes, a few friends have them and really rate quality of build.
They are top of my list, next to Bloomfields

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Not Alexander’s. GS got a good one, my former neighbour did not and they were a complete nightmare to deal with - it went down the legal route in the end but she still lost a lot of money. Her horse kicked through the strengthened bulkhead behind the driver the first time she took it out, the box was brand new. There was lots else wrong too that they consistently failed to put right over a long period. They bought it back in the end, and doubtless sold it on to some other poor sucker.

Parked next to a luscious Bloomfields 4.5t when camping over at Burghley one time, that did look seriously nice.

Asha

Visit site
Bloomsfield and Kevin Parker seem to be the best, although i did swoon over the tatton Horse box website. Beautiful boxes.