4 horses dead

cyearsley

Visit site
That really is tragic, sounds like it was same lady who owned both or maybe I read it wrong, that is horrendous :(

pedilia

Visit site
I saw this in H&H, poor,poor animals,very scary as I had just moved my horses because I discovered this in their field.
ddd0bb63.jpg

laura7981

Visit site
That's awful. Poor horses. My first pony had a huge scar on his hind leg from where he'd jumped over a barbed wire fence while running away from bees.

Nickijem

Visit site
How absolutely awful.
No wonder my horse went completely mad when I was riding down the lane a couple of months ago and a swarm of bees suddenly appeared on top of us. Jerry went mad, bucking and prancing til we had ridden through them!
I will certainly be more wary of riding near bee hives in future.

Fii

Visit site
How horrible!
I have a few friends who keep bee's, and one of them had a few hives a couple of years ago that were quite nasty, they would sting the cows and anyone who went to close.
Most of the time bee's are quite happy going about their own busyness though , and would'nt bother anyone!
I feel very sorry for the owner!!

And thanks flowerlady, i think i am quite amazing as well!! :D

oscarwild

Visit site
Thats such tragic news. Poor horses and I do feel for the owner.
If I read it right it was the same owner of the horses who had the bees aswell.

flowerlady

Visit site
By the time YO contacted they had gone, so put the horses back and to my horror they came back again, 2 days later they had disappeared and havn't returned yet. Fingers crossed thats the last we will see of them

We once had a swarm build a hive like that in a short time the sky was almost black with them ( following a queen we were told). Brother rang a beekeeper and he came and collected it and the bees to take back to his hives (so didn't cost anything). I think he said they only live a short time (about 3 weeks I think he said from memory)

pedilia

Visit site
We once had a swarm build a hive like that in a short time the sky was almost black with them ( following a queen we were told). Brother rang a beekeeper and he came and collected it and the bees to take back to his hives (so didn't cost anything). I think he said they only live a short time (about 3 weeks I think he said from memory)

Really? I didn't know they has such a short life span.
Thats awful Cavecanem

Last edited:

Tormenta

Visit site
Wind your neck in and stop looking for an argument

Not at all. In fact I was about to reply to your thread about an experience I had read of on another forum regarding bees (Out on a hack) but your remark put me off. That was all, I happen to care about horses and swallows.

Devonshire dumpling

Visit site
Very sad, poor horses such a scary death

ps comment narked me too, you lot.... like we don't give a damn... sometimes takes a while to comment!