4 year old jumping what would you do????

seaview

Visit site
Hi My four year old was out for his first time last night and loved it he was a wee gem and was clear first round and just took a pole in the second but that was his mums fault, silly mum pushed for a long one instead of holding for a shorter one!
It was not by any stretch of the imagination grand prix level as we only did the 70 as it was the first time he had ever done a course of fences.

he was broken very late and after that had a good long holiday through summer!
now he has been back in about 8 weeks and I would like to get him to a few small sj and wh courses before I give him another break around dec time, here is the question would it be too much for him to have gone last nite have a hack tonight then go for another course of 70 on wednesday?
he would have the thursday off and wouldnt be anywhere again until the sunday?

I dont want to get too excited and over work the wee man but at the same time he needs education too!

what do you all reckon?

Nat
x

KatB

Visit site
I wouldnt worry about it. Aslong as he's enjoying it, and doing everything wit no pressure, should be fine! He'll soon tell you if he's fed up!

Kelly1982

Visit site
I think that will be fine, i have a 4yo and i usually jump the day before a show so that she remembers what to do and i find she works best this way so i am sure with a day hacking in between he will be fine.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
I've never found that a show has taken anything out of my lad. They do a round of jumps & then are tied up eating from a haynet for ages & then eventually they go for another jump. It's not hard work, a training session takes far more out of them. In answer to your question, he should be fine, take him.