40+ poos by 2 horses in 24 hours?

Carrottom

Visit site
I moved 2 of mine on to a new patch of grass and decided to poo pick to make it last longer. Every day this week I have taken at least 40 piles of droppings of the field and I'm sure too have missed some. Do I wait until it is below 30 a day before giving hay? Both are fine weight wise atm, but one is 17 so I don't want him to drop off.

newboult51

Visit site
My mini Shetlands used to do 1 Poo each an hour in summer; so 48 a day. I used to count them purely to alleviate the boredom of poo picking. Once they dropped to half that (usually this side of Christmas) I would start chucking hay at them.

Carrottom

Visit site
My mini Shetlands used to do 1 Poo each an hour in summer; so 48 a day. I used to count them purely to alleviate the boredom of poo picking. Once they dropped to half that (usually this side of Christmas) I would start chucking hay at them.
Thank you. I was thinking of around 30 a day as I'm sure the younger boy does more.

Mule

Visit site
I moved 2 of mine on to a new patch of grass and decided to poo pick to make it last longer. Every day this week I have taken at least 40 piles of droppings of the field and I'm sure too have missed some. Do I wait until it is below 30 a day before giving hay? Both are fine weight wise atm, but one is 17 so I don't want him to drop off.
Christ! I'm glad I don't have to poo pick. That is a lot to pick up 😱

windand rain

Visit site
Funny when you come fom the other perspective my horses need to lose weight I am horrified if they do more than 12 in 24 hours each and only feed hay when they do less than 6. All are very healthy have no tummy issues and are very fat in summer and allowed to lose it in winter Should any of that change I will change how I feed them. Is more about consistancy if hard and bullet like they get hay if normal to soft they dont.