4whitesocks!!

Niamhy

photobucket.com
Just wondering how the new yard is going for you? How is sids flatword going?

Any RC stuff on these days?

Nothing on here really, a few shows, but all too far away for me, even if I was brave enough to jump the mare over anything other than an xpole at the moment!!

4whitesocks

Visit site
New yard is going excellently (should point out I nearly fell over when I saw my name in a post....thought to myself no-one pms me enough for them to be full..LOL!)
Loving new yard, Sid is too, really really great people who really mind the horses...he's worked 5/6 days and we seem to be lowering the position of his neck from "but Mom I love to look at the sky" to something approximating "ah yes, much better to look where I am going and start to use my hind end!"
he's causing all sorts of havoc at turn out (keeps encouraging what they thought were sedate old hunters to hoolie around the field and come in sweating buckets.....so now gets turned out with a mare who just growls and says stay away from my grass!)

Flatwork...weelll...we'll see how we go this weekend...

No RC stuff at the mo....but once we get some progress on the flatwork side am hoping to do some mini-midi-maxi in Kilrainey over the winter (they run one every Friday night as far as I know) - the outings will be good for him, he's never jumped in an indoor, lots of noise etc.
All building up for my local hunter trials in Stradbally next Easter...going to do the novice, if just to see the looks on people's faces (same people who are very used to me going green at the sight of a drain out hunting, and falling off regularly at RC!)
Might even brave a hunt in the new year (cos apparently he's good at that - mind you that was with a 16st man on his back...may need to up our brakes considering how much he enjoys xc!)
You really must come & play if you can at all though - will do some investigating this weekend!

Clodagh

Visit site
Really glad its all going so well. Maybe we have both finally found the perfect partner, and you the perfect place to keep said partner!!
cool.gif

Niamhy

photobucket.com
Hey D,

Thats great, I was going to pm but then I thought other people might be interested too, seeing as the old place was soo truely shocking!!

How did today go for you? I clipped Jumbo Belly today (horse Im bringing back into work) her name is Jumanji, and shes not exactly the worlds best put together horse, but she is safe as a house!!

So now Im covered in horse hair!

There is pretty much no RC stuff on at all around here, even if I could go! Saw murph trotting in the field today, and he looked pretty good, so thats something I suppose! Not tempting fate, so didnt clip him or anything yet.

I had to laugh at Sid off playing, bless him!! We recently got a new oldie on the yard, and hes big into playing!!

Where is Kilrainy? Is it your side of Mullingar or where??

I will have to try and make it to stradbally for the Hunter Trials in Easter, Id say your gonna kick ass!! After Murphs performance at the xc training day, where he wouldnt wait his turn to jump, I reckon hunting is out for us!! Fair play to you though!

We will have to arrange something alright, I will have to do the maths and see how far away you are!
grin.gif

4whitesocks

Visit site
Let's just say today was....interesting! He worked in quite nicely, nice walk, trot, leg yield, canter on the left lead lovely, right lead took more patience but eventually got it.....we even got 4 or five moments where he was on the bit & working really well from behind....then we went looking for walk to canter transitions - lovely on the left lead...the right - forget it! Decided not to end on a bad note so went for trot canter on that lead....eventually gave up altogether...YO is going to do some work with us on Monday as when he's being lunged he's being antsy on that rein too....he will get it 7 times out of ten...we might need to get his back looked at again...