4x4 insurance

miamibear

Visit site
Out of interest what would it cost me - average to insure me on my own policy on a 4x4 say a trooper?

I wont be doing it until im 25 but i havent had my own insurance, only as named driver on mums and insured and spose on OH's. My driving licence is clean

Any ideas anyone?

LauraBR

Visit site
I work in insurance and it's impossible to say- totally depends on the company, the car, where you live... Sooooo many things. You are best off getting some quotes on some insurer websites to give you an idea.

Rambo

Visit site
Go to Tesco or Sainsbury insurance websites and put y9our details in. They'll give you a rough idea
smile.gif

Natalie_H

Visit site
You can do it without the cars details. Just choose the car model. Usually, when they ask for numberplate there is an option if you don't know it. I did this when I was looking to buy a 4x4. Should give you a good idea.

hollyzippo

Visit site
I have an R reg Toyota Landcruiser. Its a 3 litre diesel and I keep it at my house with no drive so its parked on road. Oh and I'm 24 but was 23 when last renewed. I am with Diamond and pay about £450 fully comp including 20,000 miles a year business miles.
(Have 6 years no claims- i think!)
wink.gif

galaxy

Visit site
I bought my first 4x4 a few weeks ago (LWB Shogun - love it!). As I was pricing it up I left the insurance quote to last as I was so scared it was going to be huge and I couldn't afford it. I'm with Direct Line, my 33 yr old husband is the first named driver (6 years no claims) and I'm a named driver, and only 23 yrs old (2 years no claims). I had a P Reg 1.6 Fiat Brava whose insurane was £300/year and bought my P reg 2.8lt Shogun and the insurance is £400/year fully comp!!!! Couldn't believe it! I danced around the room!