4x4 & trailer hire with driver???

Henmen

Visit site
Im going to need to arrange transport to pick Ruby up in about 6 weeks, but being in the middle of nowhere and the roads being mainly single country roads,its not really practical getting a lorry there, so does anyone know anywhere that hires 4x4 and a trailer with a driver? I dont have a licence / car to tow, and i dont trust my OH to do it safely
crazy.gif

We are in Oxfordshire, going to SW wales and back

Thanks,

ecrozier

Visit site
I would think a small 7.5 ton lorry would get most places a trailer and car would? Whereabouts in oxfordshire are you? There is a hire company near us that do the 3.5 ton lorries, I am in South Oxon, if thats any good? Think they do driven or self drive hire still.
smirk.gif

Henmen

Visit site
We had a 7.5 tonn when we picked first horse up, we could barley sqeeze though, too wide, a 3.5 tonn might work??

Do you have a contact email?? Im in west Oxfordshire, nr. Witney.

ecrozier

Visit site
Wentworth was the one I was thinking of, she used to do driven as well, not sure if she still does...
Sarah Nash collected my horse 3 years ago for me....only has big lorry as far as I know.
If you get really stuck PM me and I'd drive it for you....but if its 3 1/2 ton you could drive it yourself?
How long is the drive? Do you go there and back in a day?

Emma

foraday

Visit site
If you are using a transporter check their authorisation and vehicle certification!

AS of 5th January 2007 new rules come in.

If you are doing self drive and driving yourself you are fine.

There will be hefty fines for anyone caught doing horse transport without the legal requirements.