4yrs with Serenity

Shantara

Visit site
Hi guys! It's been a while since my last post - (HHO SS aside) - a whole year since I posted my horrible news about losing my lovely Neddy. I still miss him every day.

I'm so thankful I have my mare Serenity, she has helped me cope enormously and has been my rock. We had a bit of a confidence crisis this year, she went lame at the start of the year and then Covid hit, so I decided not to get back on when she came sound as she had been off a couple of months at that point and as good as she is, I didn't want to risk an A&E visit during lockdown by getting on an ex race horse in the spring with that amount of time off! So, I didn't ride for five months! During that time, I fell out of love with riding. I thought I'd miss it, but I just didn't. I even contemplated loaning her when it was safer.
Then, one day at work I was walking into a stable pushing a full wheelbarrow, when the wind caught the door and hit my hand, breaking it! I ended up having to go to A&E and a week off work. While I was off work, I decided to watch The Lord of the Rings. The charge of the Rohirrim in the third film suddenly sparked my passion again! I couldn't wait to get back in the saddle!
It was another little while before I got back on due to my hand, but finally, when I was able, I decided to walk around the block in company, in case she decided to be absolutely mad after such time off.
It was like I'd never stopped riding. Serenity really is perfect <3

In the time since I've got back on and lockdown has eased, we've done all sorts! We've done galloping rides, been out in the lorry to the woods, done a bit of XC, been out alone, done some fun bombproofing etc! My confidence has grown so much and I can't believe how lucky I am to have such a brilliant girl <3

Here's a little video from our last ride :D
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
and our ride at the woods!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
SerenJump.jpg118647476_1801014380053895_2304377013977766066_n.jpg