5/10ths lame???

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Only thing is he is supposed to be coming next Thursday

[/ QUOTE ]
Ahh, shame. Well the owners will understand that you don't wish to take possession of an unsound horse - and I'm sure that they wouldn't want to deliver him until he is fully fit again.

It may only be a few weeks or so, and there's no point in paying for something you can't use.
crazy.gif

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Complicated. The person that I am getting him off is going to Uni next week and the owner hasnt got the time etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, different story then. Well if you're happy to take the horse then fine, given that it doesn't sound particularly sinister. Just make sure they give you whatever veterinary supplies you will need, including any drugs (ie Bute) - and that they will continue to pay for further veterinary treatment if its' required.

It is sods law isn't it??

jo1

hotmail.co.uk
So I wouldnt be out of order is asking that in the contract there is a clause that for the first 3months (trial period first) that if anything happens on that leg to do with that injury I am not responsible for costs?
confused.gif

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Well, I think that you have to make it clear that you are happy to nurse the horse back to recovery - but do not take responsibility for the injury as it is or if it gets worse. A letter from them attached to the contract would probably be sufficient.

You should also take a photo of the injury when the horse arrives, and have a witness attest to the fact that the horse is lame.

aran

community.webshots.com
5/10ths is very lame - must be quite a cut or a very wimpy horse! if its near the hock has the joint been affected - if so it could be expensive and take a lot of time to sort.
Would you have to pay for the treatment and are you paying for its upkeep until it is sound again?

Oaksflight

Visit site
The horse is mine. Horse is fit to go no where so will be staying with my friend at yard. He caught both his hocks on metal hay net filler when he spooked and it snapped in half, did more damage to that than himself. Cut is nothing, just swollen a bit, and there's quite a few. He's sound to trot up on hard ground, just when putting weight on worse leg, i.e. 20 metre circle is when he's that lame.