502 Bad Gateway?

Shay

Visit site
Anyone else having problems? (and recognizing I might not be able to read any replies!). I've had occasional 502 bad gateway messages over recent months but in the last week it has become so bad I can't access much of the forum. Windows 10 PC, fully up to date. Firefox browser - also up to date - but I get the same result in Chrome and Opera. If I flick through I can usually get onto older messages or "less popular" messages but most of the first page of tack room is inaccessible and usually the first 3 or 4 posts in competition and training. I know a 502 message is because H&H servers are overloaded - but any tips to be able to access the form when I want to?

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
Go into the advanced settings on your browser and remove either all cookies (will log you out of everything) or just remove the cookies relate to this website, which you can usually search for specifically in a last, that should fix it. I get it on mine from time to time.

crabbymare

Visit site
If it helps the forum has been slow for me tonight with timeout 504 errors, also had a database error message as well so it could be someone is doing something to the server or software thats making things worse?

Silverfire

Visit site
Go into the advanced settings on your browser and remove either all cookies (will log you out of everything) or just remove the cookies relate to this website, which you can usually search for specifically in a last, that should fix it. I get it on mine from time to time.

Just tried this. Still logged in and still cant log out!

crabbymare

Visit site
Just tried this. Still logged in and still cant log out!

In Chrome there will be cookies under horseandhound and also under www dot horseandhound, so you need to look for more than one set if that makes sense, it may be the same with other browsers so worth checking, then f5 to refresh the page and you should need to log in again :)

Last edited:

Shay

Visit site
I'm not using chrome other than as an alternative. I use firefox for preference. But logging out and logging back in seems to have solved it for me - thanks!

Jnhuk

Visit site
I was having issues with this awhile back and cleared my cookies but it put me off coming here. Just started back and guess what the bad gateway messages are appearing virtually every time I look at a thread but strangely enough this one is ok! Started to browse under incognito browser but that means you can't reply.