5'C over night

Feival

Visit site
In or out? Ponies where clipped out in mid Feb, would be well rugged and plenty of hay as grass is crap. 🙁

J&S

Visit site
Stock are happy in cold and dry weather. Well rugged with hay should fine in my estimation.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Out, rugged and with hay unless fields too muddy, in which case in overnight :)
Mine are out, haven't hayed for the last week but last night (minus 2 here and felt colder) flf was back in mw and had hay :)

Nudibranch

Visit site
5? Must be getting warmer then. We've had below zero a couple of nights on the run. Mine have been out all the time, and were unrugged for a few weeks (including the TB) but rugs went back on on Thursday and will probably stay on for another week, looking at the forecast.

I'm not convinced stables are a warmer option if you have some kind of shelter in the field and enough to eat. When the TB was on box rest in July (in good weather), he was shivering at night if not rugged. Not outside though - their continual movement and grazing keeps them warmer imo.

Enfys

Visit site
Are you thinking 5C is warm or cold?

Out, rugs if required and hay, they will be fine.

JLD

Visit site
Was -1' here last night , mine only went out at night a week ago, left him out but back in a light weight - having started to put rugs away - oops ! It's going to be around freezing at night for at least the next week and that's in the south east.