60 day scan and its a boy

jomiln

www.westendfarmstud.co.uk
My quarter horse mare has just had a 60 day scan and our vet also sexed it and its a colt.
Really pleased as she had a filly this year so would be nice to have a colt next year although we are not too bothered about the sex as long as its healthy. (mare has lost a foal prior to foaling twice with placentitis)

eventrider23

Visit site
Congrats!!! We gave the 60 day sexing scan a go this year on one of the mares as the vet wanted to practice it (for free) and says it is a girl! Fingers crossed she is right!!!

eventrider23

Visit site
I took a piccie of ours...this is it:
5572_112871213863_517898863_2203706.jpg

carmenlucy123

Visit site
WOW! I diddnt know you could do that...im going to ring my vet and see if they want to book me in for a freebie!
grin.gif

Im still waiting for my blob scan was ment to go yesterday but couldnt make it so going tuesday now! trying not to get exited incase im dissapointed again
frown.gif

eventrider23

Visit site
It is more of a common practice in Newmarket where some of the stud terms revolve around whether the foal is a colt or a filly and so the vets around there tend to be very skilled at it. In other parts of the UK it is very rare for the vet to be asked and as such is not something they will always be experienced in doing.

carmenlucy123

Visit site
oh I see, still great for you!

and yes he must be skilled because all I can see is a bit of streaky bacon at the top
blush.gif
ha

aw I hope im in the same position in a few weeks!

Come on the blob!
grin.gif
should be 32 days on tues AND get this- bambino will be due..... on July 14th 2010 MY BIRTHDAY!

I hope so!!
grin.gif