7 day mud away vs pig oil for feathers?

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site
Evening,

I've just coated my cobblers feathers and tail with 7 day mud away as I had some from the try it club but one small spray has nearly all been used up with one application 😏 So am left wondering if it's best to spend the extra on mud away or go for pig oil instead? It's just to keep mud off feathers and tails, not for lice or mud fever 😊

Ps I did the patch test first obvs :)

TPO

Visit site
Is it the nettex 7 day stuff? If so I used that in my last TB who was a total bog monster and would come in caked even under his rugs.

It worked amazingly well for me on his coat and tail. He didnt have feathers so cant comment on that aspect of it. I found that a bottle lasted a few weeks and that was covering most of his 16.2 frame!

cindars

Visit site
Used 7day mud away on my old Arab and it was brilliant am also using it on my welshie. Friend is using pig oil and sulphur on her Irish cob who is prone to mud fever both work but pig oil might be more economical on a horse with heavy feather

Surbie

Visit site
I'm using pig oil & sulphur and it's working like a dream. I've put plain pig oil on his tail and that is also immaculate. I don't put much on (use a cheap sauce bottle) and I spend time working it in.

Surbie

Visit site
The sulphur is there as an antibacterial/fungal, so yes it will work against mud fever. The oil's there as a skin conditioner & waterproofer. It works for me and is cheap at £24/5L which will last me most of a dryish winter.