Best Quality Bridles for £180

NiamhB

Visit site
Hi,

I'm in the market for a new snaffle bridle and wanted some advice, My budget is £180 what are some good brands in that price range?
I was considering Stubben but someone told me there just not what they used to be, any truth in that?

Thanks in advance :)

horselady

Visit site
Having seen someone £200 on a bridle that lasted them a week before giving out and then buy a £15 one that has lasted them four years and is still going strong I would say that just because it costs £180 doesn't mean it's worth £180!

Exploding Chestnuts

Visit site
They should be made with English bridle leather, veg tanned, yes there are good leathers from other countries, but you can never be so sure. I agree with Jeffries for several reasons, good value for good qualiy, and you should always be able to get matching replacements if you want to try a different noseband/browband for example.

Last edited:

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Sabre Córdoba

Yep, my Cordoba looks like new after many years of abuse. I've also recently bought a Dortmund second hand which is supple but extremely tidy. If you buy direct from Sabre you can mix and match sizes, always found the service to be excellent.

ceva

Visit site
I have a stubben passion 1600, they are really good but a little bit more at £215, I really wanted to treat myself and my horse to one and have no regrets still like new after 8 years, i also have a Jeffries premium with a super padded head stall the noseband strap sits in a groove so no bulk leather real good quality too. I'm on the look out for a good hunt bridle now, looking at Jeffries falcon as can get that online and know what I'm getting. I'm wary of any others online as prefer to 'feel' the leather.

Pigeon

Visit site
I have a stubben, it's alright, was £99. I wouldn't say I'm blown away by it, but it was one of the cheaper ranges.

I got an Anky for my mum's birthday and it's amazing. Was a bit over your budget but I got quite an expensive rolled leather one, I think there are a few within your price range - the quality is soooo nice, much nicer than anything I've owned before.

Last edited:

DirectorFury

Visit site
Dy'on - main stockist for the UK is Sederholm. Lovely leather and I'm yet to find another comfort headpiece as good as the one on my Dy'on bridle.

catkin

Visit site
You could have one made to measure by a saddler for that money. I've got a hand made to measure that is at least 20 years old and still good enough for showing, and it's been used for everything.

this.

Really is worth it. Mine is now being used on its second pony - a couple of alterations and hey presto - 'made-to-measure' for pony No 2! I've also got a matching sliphead and extra pair of reins so that it converts to a double when needed.

NiamhB

Visit site
Thanks all! will defiantly be looking to get one made didn't know that was an option in my price range! failing that I think ill give sabre a try after I see some in person xx