A 45 min lesson in 2.5 mins!

Ludi-doodi

photobucket.com
In my attempts to improve my riding in time for next season, I've been having weekly lessons over the last couple of months. I've alternated flat with SJ.

Yesterday it was the turn of jumping which I think was lesson number four of the knocky down variety. The improvement is going at a snails pace, but as the saying goes Rome wasn't in a day (and neither are my riding skills :eek:)

So here for anyone who cares to watch are the highlights of a 45 minute lesson condensed into 2.5 minutes with the bigger of the "oopsie" moments edited out ;).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuNH7cIFm4U

Using Spotted Cat's theory on forum constructive criticism, I haven't asked for any, so should get lots. I know about the hands, sometimes they look like they're being operated by someone else!

Tammytoo

Visit site
What a nice horse he is! Just lolloping around the jumps and who cares about your hands, you never jabbed him in the mouth which is more important.

kerilli

Visit site
so does that mean you want cc, or not?! ;) ;)
all i'd say is that it looks a little deliberate/stuffy to most of the fences, i'd like to see you thinking a little more forward, with a slightly more energetic canter, maybe allowing a bit more with the hands on the way to the fence and holding him in the rhythm with your seat and your shoulders/position rather than with your hands, if that makes sense. that'll help when the fences get bigger.
however that is being very pernickety and isn't supposed to be dc! ;) ;)

Ludi-doodi

photobucket.com
so does that mean you want cc, or not?! ;) ;)

:D haha! The Last set of vids I posted the other week asking for CC produced not a single comment so it seems SC's theory is spot on!

all i'd say is that it looks a little deliberate/stuffy to most of the fences, i'd like to see you thinking a little more forward, with a slightly more energetic canter

Stuffy is exactly word I used yesterday! Not entirely sure why, he's not generally, he just felt like he was saying I can't be bothered today!

A shorter bouncier canter is something I'm working on. Ludo has tendancy to put a short last stride in, particularly if I get the canter too long.

Thanks for the input :)