A big thumbs up to Treehouse

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
Sis and I decided that air jackets would be a good idea, especially for bringing on the youngsters. We hack, so HI-Viz is essential. After a fair amount of research, we decided on the Helite jackets from Treehouse as they do them in Hi-Viz. I had a bit of trouble getting the right size for sis on the web site, so ordered one for me on line and then rang them on Monday to order the other one. They took the order, apologised about not being able to order the second one on line and said they would look into it, then they rang me back to query the sizes, told me that I would need a different size, which I thought was very good of them, then the jackets arrived this morning :) Prompt, efficient and pleasant service, how refreshing :)

Annagain

Visit site
I've been thinking of a Treehouse one, so this is good to read. Did you get the simple (for want of a better word) airjacket or one of the ones hidden in a waistcoat or jacket? I'm torn as thinking if I want to wear it in competition the jacket / waistcoat might get in the way and they're not quite smart enough to wear on their own?

YorksG

Visit site
We got the simple ones :) I didn't think the jacket ones were much good to us, partly because we want them to wear over the joyriderz jackets we already have (I know it's a bit belt and braces, but it's a few years since I started a youngster and I have two to do!). I wouldn't wear the jacket ones in competition (mainly showing and dressage), 'cos I agree they aren't smart enough. I'm not sure what the jacket ones would look like over a solid BP either?

Annagain

Visit site
We got the simple ones :) I didn't think the jacket ones were much good to us, partly because we want them to wear over the joyriderz jackets we already have (I know it's a bit belt and braces, but it's a few years since I started a youngster and I have two to do!). I wouldn't wear the jacket ones in competition (mainly showing and dressage), 'cos I agree they aren't smart enough. I'm not sure what the jacket ones would look like over a solid BP either?

Good point. I wouldn't wear it for dressage but think I might just get away with a navy one for show jumping given the jackets people wear today. I'm not too keen on those but could just about make an exception if it served a good purpose. Whether it would still fit over a BP of XC is another issue - if it's fitted to be worn without one for SJ, it could well be too tight for that?

YorksG

Visit site
I'm not sure how the jacket ones work with fitting, we didn't really look at those as we were pretty sure of what we wanted, and have the Joyriderz already, which we really rate.

dottieh

Visit site
Treehouse are fab, as are the helite airjackets. I have a the gilet version which I wear on any young horses I have as well as when I am out jumping. 99% of the time no one notices it.

dixie

Visit site
Good point. I wouldn't wear it for dressage but think I might just get away with a navy one for show jumping given the jackets people wear today. I'm not too keen on those but could just about make an exception if it served a good purpose. Whether it would still fit over a BP of XC is another issue - if it's fitted to be worn without one for SJ, it could well be too tight for that?

I also had very good service from Treehouse and was pleased. I have the Helite competition jacket in black and together with white jodphurs I think it looks very smart. The jacket itself doesn't fit over a body protector but I bought the gilet and this does fit over a body protector and I also wear it everytime I jump at home. Its very easy to swap the air lining between the jacket and the gilet.

Annagain

Visit site
Thanks for that - yes they do look smart on you. I manage to make everything look scruffy! I've just had a look and noticed they actually do a show jacket style one now (they didn't have that last time I looked) so maybe I'll have one of those and a gilet for everyday/xc. All my stuff is to go with a navy jacket though and they only do the show jacket in dark grey :(. I'll have to get all new stuff in grey now I think ;). This could get expensive!

tusc2

Visit site
Thanks for that - yes they do look smart on you. I manage to make everything look scruffy! I've just had a look and noticed they actually do a show jacket style one now (they didn't have that last time I looked) so maybe I'll have one of those and a gilet for everyday/xc. All my stuff is to go with a navy jacket though and they only do the show jacket in dark grey :(. I'll have to get all new stuff in grey now I think ;). This could get expensive!

The Air Show jackets do come in black!! I tried one on yesterday at a show. They come up on the small size and for me unfortunately they were very tight over my biceps!! so I didn't buy one :-(

Annagain

Visit site
The Air Show jackets do come in black!! I tried one on yesterday at a show. They come up on the small size and for me unfortunately they were very tight over my biceps!! so I didn't buy one :-(

Thanks - all my stuff (hat, gloves etc) is navy though. I'll have to have a whole new wardrobe unless there's also a navy one I'm not aware of.

Tobiano

Visit site
I ordered a Helite from Treehouse - didn't like the body protector in the end but I did like Treehouse who were very good and helpful!